1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hmmmmm, I thought the Duramaxes had Isuzu engines........Was I misinformed?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tes duramax is a isuzu but back when they had a 6.2 and 6.5 diesel they were detroit diesel and in no way are they as disgustingly powerful as a duramax.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Yeah, I agree, this is definitely a way to get killed.:hehe::tard:

Them things are slow.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My old 6.5 ran a 12.0 at the strip with straight pipe and pump turned up a little.

Too bad it was only 1/8 mile......lol

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
My old 6.5 ran a 12.0 at the strip with straight pipe and pump turned up a little.

LOL, you almost had me for a sec.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
It should so "Durawhat? Cummin Powerstroke This Detroit" Then you could put it on a CAT lol!!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
LOL, you almost had me for a sec.
I wish I had pics or video from that run. it was about 6yrs ago. I done a killer burnout with it. It was an ext cab with a handshaker. actually a pretty good truck for what it was

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

LOL I was getting ready to pull the b.s. flag without hesitation.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That decal is.........:supergay::supergay::supergay::supergay:

·
Registered
60 Posts
haha chevy and diesel shouldnt be combined in the same sentence lol unless its this one. I have 2 chevy 6.5l diesel's on a trailer going to the s-crap yard. I really do!!!!!! ive said it once, here it is again, duramax is like cheap bubble gum, great for a few min. of fun then there all used up, throw away and repeat,

·
Registered
983 Posts
not a wise idea putting that on the back of a 6.5L although back when my father had one we did beat a older IDI 7.3L with it but othet then that we enjoyed the backend of the pack with that truck untill we upgraded to our Duramax's we can now run out front with the rest of the diesels..
i disagree with the duramax comment that 87powerstroke left,i know of quite a few 200,000 mile Duramax's that are running untouched and even a few with over 300,000 miles now i will agree the Duramax doesn't have the rep like the PSD but then again it's only been out for 7 years.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
not a wise idea putting that on the back of a 6.5L although back when my father had one we did beat a older IDI 7.3L with it but othet then that we enjoyed the backend of the pack with that truck untill we upgraded to our Duramax's we can now run out front with the rest of the diesels..
i disagree with the duramax comment that 87powerstroke left,i know of quite a few 200,000 mile Duramax's that are running untouched and even a few with over 300,000 miles now i will agree the Duramax doesn't have the rep like the PSD but then again it's only been out for 7 years.
That's not enough time for poor ole GM? Seven years and only a select few over a whopping 300k miles? I know it's not cause y'all don't drive 'em... :rolleyes: Whatta reputation!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
983 Posts
do you know how many miles you have to drive to get over 400,000 miles in 7 years,almost 60,000 miles and there aren't that many people doing that..

·
Registered
529 Posts
well, us military folk are...I've put 20k miles on my truck since december. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm at 150k before december...honestly :doh: Maybe not though with the fuel prices..might have to opt to take that Boeing 737 back to NY every once in awhile and get a rental car...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts