Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im thinking my next mod is going to be a water/meth kit for my truck. Shes already got studs and delete and all the rest of the 6.0 bullet proofing stuff so Im not too worried about that. Anyone else on here running it? If so what do you think?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a snow stage 2 boost cooler, right now I run wiper fluid. was curious to know how much methanol I can run safely after studding.

Subscribed

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a snow stage 2 boost cooler, right now I run wiper fluid. was curious to know how much methanol I can run safely after studding.

Subscribed
The max ratio is 49% meth and 51% distilled water.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Hey guys Im thinking my next mod is going to be a water/meth kit for my truck. Shes already got studs and delete and all the rest of the 6.0 bullet proofing stuff so Im not too worried about that. Anyone else on here running it? If so what do you think?
I have the snow stage II. I've gained no MPG. It does lower EGT when towing and WOT. There is also a definite seat of pants HP gain.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the snow stage II. I've gained no MPG. It does lower EGT when towing and WOT. There is also a definite seat of pants HP gain.
I have the snow stage 3 MPG MAX..I notice 3mpg hand calc difference, but I only use the 50/50 on long trips or at the track, as it is not desireable driving through town because you have to run the engine for 10-15 minutes without meth to dry the intake or else you will hydrolock the motor. It also only gave me 50hp on the dyno with their recommended nozzle setup for my hp range. I have come pretty close to hydro-locking it when I first got the kit.. it is scary. I noticed a 100-150 degree drop, but I noticed much more with the banks intercooler.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm... Guess I got some thinking to do. I mainly want it for the track for a little more power and to keep the egt's down on WOT runs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts