Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm thinking about going with SCT and then the edge insight for gauges. I was just wondering who everybody recommends. I know I was reading about different tuners and there was on one guy who had them make a special tow tune for him. Had engine braking I beleive. Well what I'm looking for is a goor tow tune as I regularly tow a 30' fiver and 16' cargo trailer also. I would like a good street tune that has good tranny control and will walk over the edge/banks guys.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i've used Eric's(Innovative Diesel) tow aggresive tune to pull my 11K# T/H and it performed excellently (BTW: i'm at max GCVWR with my 3.73's)...this has to be the most under appreciated tune out there for it's purpose..all my temps were well below what i'm used to seeing with stock tuning and the tranny/shifting are spot on...there's alot more low end grunt to get your load moving and once you're up to speed, the TC locks and it takes a substantial grade to get it to downshift...if you tow often, this tune alone is worth the price...

you want something to work the edge/banks guys on the street?...the Xtreme files...nuff said!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was just over looking at his site because he was the one that I think had tuned the truck I'm thinking about. Whats the highest egt's you've seen? I've got an 04 thats got the 03 motor also. When towing with my edge on the tow tune i can easily run up to 1250 easily. Does the sct have built in safe guards?

·
Registered
181 Posts
i've used Eric's(Innovative Diesel) tow aggresive tune to pull my 11K# T/H and it performed excellently (BTW: i'm at max GCVWR with my 3.73's)...this has to be the most under appreciated tune out there for it's purpose..all my temps were well below what i'm used to seeing with stock tuning and the tranny/shifting are spot on...there's alot more low end grunt to get your load moving and once you're up to speed, the TC locks and it takes a substantial grade to get it to downshift...if you tow often, this tune alone is worth the price...

you want something to work the edge/banks guys on the street?...the Xtreme files...nuff said!!! :thumb:
Another vote for these tunes!:thumb:

I see 1400+ degrees when on the Extreme Street file and 1200-1300 when towing with the Tow/Brake file. Those are max temps.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Well I was just over looking at his site because he was the one that I think had tuned the truck I'm thinking about. Whats the highest egt's you've seen? I've got an 04 thats got the 03 motor also. When towing with my edge on the tow tune i can easily run up to 1250 easily. Does the sct have built in safe guards?
your brain has built in safe guards....it controls your right foot. :thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
If i might since I plan to include a SCT x-cal 3 soon with the extreme tune. What is the opinion of placing standard guages instead of using the edge or any other digital monitor to keep a eye on the egt's? I have heard that the analog guages like the autometer and others are bad to produce a false reading.

·
Registered
672 Posts
custom sct tunes are the way to go... get a hold of innovative, djs, spartans, etc, and you will not be let down. tell them what you want and follow their directions to set your chip up and your ready to roll

·
Registered
636 Posts
Who would you rather have tunes by ID of dfuser. also whats the difference between the X2 and X3?
My vote is Dfuser!

I have had the best customer service with Bill. He has made me tunes with Awesome power, without any starting or drivablity issues I've had with other vendors.
:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts