Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 F350 has been flawless, but we are thinking of going to a larger 5th wheel toy hauler that would be a little to much weight for the current truck.
Not really sure on how to price it if we do sell. It's in excellent condition, low miles, (32k) and lot's of upgrades: 4.5" PMF lift, Fox Reservoir shocks & dual steering
stabilizer, Trail Ready bumpers, 12K Warn winch, SnugTop camper shell. KBB shows private party value $49-54k. How much (if any) do I add for the upgrades?

·
Registered
199 Posts
In most cases you won’t get much money back on upgrades unless you find just the right buyer. The question to ask yourself is how long you want to sit on the truck. Selling it for the same as another truck in stock condition should move it pretty quickly. If you want top dollar then that’s where waiting for just the right buyer who wants exactly the mods you did comes into play.

·
Registered
2003 F350 4 door, soon to be 4.5 door...maybe
74 Posts
That's the sad truth about most upgrades, it's purely for you....you'll likely not see that money again unless you kept the stock parts...then swap em out and sell the aftermarket stuff as is where is.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Pros: Low volume out there for used trucks. Priced right it will sell fast. Dealers will not care about add ons. Private party sale will get you the most but could take longer.

Cons: The next model year will have the updated dash and you will hate yourself for rushing into the 2021.

I'd wait till the next interior starts showing up. Then you can either order the later generation or order the new generation to your options.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
That's the problem with pricing your own vehicle, you know what YOU want for it, doesn't mean that's what anyone will give you. Unfortunately KBB values don't really mean much in terms of selling if you want to actually move it. $54k, that's new truck territory for something that's 8 years old. You'll have to keep an open mind if you want to sell it outright.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good thoughts, thanks everyone. One dealer told me that Ford was cutting production of the 2021 next month or early March to re-tool for the 2022. No offical word on the changes, but he's expecting the 2022's to incorporate a lot of the changes they did to the 2021 F-150's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts