Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here so take it easy on me. I am looking to trade my tired 300K mile 02 Suburban for my first diesel, an 03 Excursion. I have been reading all I can about the 6.0 PSD's and am just a little worried that I might be making the wrong choice.

I don't have an Oasis report, but I do have a Carfax from the dealer. I've attached it here so if someone could take a look a it and see if there are any red flags I would appreciate it. Where can I get an Oasis report?

The truck is an 03 X with the Eddie Bauer package. It looks well taken care of and very clean, and would take over my 'Burbs duty very well. Not to mention that I've always wanted a diesel truck, but since I have a family, a pickup wouldn't have suited my needs very well....until the diesel X came around.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Invest in a Scangauge2 and check the coolant temp/oil temp delta, flat ground cruize 65 mph. Sb 15 degrees or less. Take the vin to a Ford dealer and ask them to run an Oasis (they might do it right away if not too busy and you are nice about it). Look for anything to do with oil cooler and or egr cooler work, head gaskets, stc fitting up grade...etc. Good hunting. BTW you can use the SG2 on any vehicle with an OBDII port so it's a handy tool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my old car buddies I recently reconnected with works at a Ford dealership.He's going to hook me up with an Oasis report tomorrow.

I'll look into getting a Scangauge2, thanks for the tips. Hopefully things work out and I'll be driving home my first diesel this week.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts