Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall, im thinking about buying a 6.4 . do yall have any pros and cons on buying it other than poor mileage for the break in period?

Im looking at an 2008 f250 lariat oxford white crew cab 4x4. the dealership is asking 38000 for it and i figure with my trade in i will only have to finance about 27000

·
Registered
589 Posts
i love my 6.4 but the poor mpg is going to last longer than the break in period. it will last until you do something about it. great ride, nice power. drove a 6.0 over the weekend and reminded me how much i LOVE my 6.4

·
Registered
445 Posts
hey yall, im thinking about buying a 6.4 . do yall have any pros and cons on buying it other than poor mileage for the break in period?

Im looking at an 2008 f250 lariat oxford white crew cab 4x4. the dealership is asking 38000 for it and i figure with my trade in i will only have to finance about 27000
I love my 6.4 It's the easiest and cheapest to get HP out of, and the only problem I've had out of it was my radiator leeking, but the dealership fixed that w/o any questions:thumb:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what mods can be done with no void of the warranty? anY? or am i going to have to just ait til the 100000 mile marker?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah .. i have an aunt that works at ford that is making sure im not getting screwed and so far they have knocked off almost 11 grand before any further negotiations.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well, I got away with injectors, tranny, and dpf delete when I went to get my radiator replaced so I guess it all depends on how cool your dealership is:dunno:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Really just depends on what you are doing with the truck. If you are going to tow with it all the time, I would say get ready to buy some fuel. If your going to drive and tow occasionally then I say go for it. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't have bought my truck. It is going up for sale next week. The truck pulls nice but costs me an extra $80 a day to operate compared to my other trucks.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input i willl keep yall posted on what happens and will definitely get pics up if i buy it

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I love my truck but I no longer use the dealer for anything if I have a problem that I can't fix I take it to a diff strictly diesel shop that does a lot of work if needed be, there actually a sister company off of Elite Diesel.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well sorry to say but no new 6.4 for me.. the dealer could only get me down to 830 dollars a month for an xlt. i just cant see paying that much.. maybe ill try again at a later date

thanks for all the input though guys

·
Registered
818 Posts
well sorry to say but no new 6.4 for me.. the dealer could only get me down to 830 dollars a month for an xlt. i just cant see paying that much.. maybe ill try again at a later date

thanks for all the input though guys
how many months at what intrest rate??

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

$38,000?? is the truck brand new??

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Probably a 4 year loan?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Well you could put more money down but unfortunately the numbers just add up no matter where the money comes from. Just think what it's going to take to buy a truck in just a couple of more years with all of the EPA stuff and the cost of oil. Yep, it takes a lot of oil to build a truck.

A guy at work just bought a nice F350 a couple of years old for a song and a dance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts