Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im gonna sell my car and replace it with another diesel. I have a 6.4 but im thinking either a 6.0 or a CRail Cummins... What do you think??

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
from what i hear, NO 6.0

I since you got a furd, id get a cummins. Pref. an old 12v.

Hell, why not get a Fummins?

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I would go with the cummins over the 6.0, I would say differently though if you were thinking about a 7.3, but I agree a fummins would be the best!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
what is this the hate the 6.0 motor thread??? :hehe:

id take my 6L over a dodge anyday..but id love to have a ford with a cummins in it :evillol:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I say it depends on what you want to do with the new truck.

Daily Drive/weekend warrior=6.0

Street/Strip Machine=Cummins

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yeah, if your looking to go fast, cummins still. Those old 12v's (as i mentioned earlier) can get scootin for cheap.

·
Registered
224 Posts
7.3 for sure!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm leaning towards the 6.0 but the 12v and crail can make power for cheap. I know I'm gonna need up powering it up and racing it but still drive it around alot, cause I'm thinking haveing two I could tow both around for events and such. Think I'll go 6.0 more than a dodge but the power for cheap is really nice

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I would go with a 6.0 we have two and they are both awesome. Plus i would rather be driving around in a ford rather than in a dodge.

·
Registered
223 Posts
if you could find a blown 05- 07 for cheap and shove a 12valve in it that would be a sweet rig but don't listen to the 6.0 hype lots of guys with 05-07s are just fine and if you chuck the egr and stud it they are really strong

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Get an 03-04 6.0 regular cab 4wd. Light, great tranny, and with studs, a tune and nos you could be pushing low 12's ;)

That's cheaper then buying a 5,000 dollar tranny for the dodge ;)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got zero interest in making a fummins dont have the time to mess around with all that

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2wd? Why only 2 and not 4? After seeing your truck there is so much room to play with in there

·
Banned
0 Posts
i'm just saying 2. 4wd will definitely help you leave the line real nice! but I just said 2wd cause then you can take the 8' bed and do a short bed conversion and not have to worry about to much else with the 4 wheel kits. ALSO, you don't have anything in the transfer case for the 4wd holding you back, it's just power from motor, to tranny, to rear wheels. True race style
if you find a 4wd, there's no problem with those at all, in fact, you maybe even prefer it. But when I was looking, I found a few 2wd trucks that I liked. You can lower them, and the power will make it up, just put some slicks on the back.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll start looking when I get back from CO and sell the bmw

1 - 20 of 24 Posts