Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about selling my 2006 f250, ccsb, fx4 6.0. Its been a great truck but after looking at the new 6.7 on friday i think i am might be ready to sell it. I am just not sure what it is worth. It is black with grey leather. It is a larait, has all options but heated seats and sunroof. Has the factory 20" wheels. Maybe some of yall can help me out. listed below is what i have done to it.

78k miles
arp head studs
oem headgaskets
heads decked at 70k when the studs and new gaskets got put in
sinister egr delete
blue springs
updated stc fitting
new dummy plugs and stand pipe
xtreme diesel coolant filter
new FICM with atlas 40 tune
edge cts monitor
sct tuner with cutome tunes from ID and vivan
4in mbrp turbo back with cat delete
2.5" top gunz custom leveling kit with rear f350 block
bilstein 5100 shocks in all corners
35 toyo mt's with less than 2000 miles on them
5% window tint
husky floor liners front and back
Oil changes every 5000 miles with rotella t-6 synthetic and fuel filters every 10,000 with motorcraft filters
new brake pads put on 2000 miles ago

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ITS WORTH??

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Where are you located? I know here in California trucks are more expensive than in other parts of the country so maybe someone in your area can chime in.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's always tough with those mods.. It's one of those times where finding a buyer who knows about 6.0s and recognizes what you've got into it.. I'd imagine mid to high 20s if the body's in good shape... Or less if you wanna sell it to me! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am located in alabama. And i know what you mean. Finding someone that knows all about 6.0's and about the stuff i have put in it could be hard. I will post some pics if i can figure out how to

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i cant figure out how to upload a pic on here. i have one in my album

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i wont get what i have in it. I just trying to figure what a good price to ask is for it. I think it blue books for 26k or so. But i think i should get a little bit higher for it just bc of some of the stuff thats on it

·
Registered
150 Posts
Id say with the mods you should get blue book but with out probably 3-4k less than book. And that is if you find some one that knows whats going on.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Earlier this year I bought an 07 with 110k. I bought it from a dealer in Houston. It was traded in on a new PS and just off warranty last year with no mechanical problems, except for 3 injectors, EGR replaced and plumbing cleaned (too much idling) and 1 glow plug changed under warranty. It runs very strong and shows no signs of EOT/ECT delta. Basically the same stock truck Lariat as yours. I paid $16,900. I added $1,400 in tires plus the extras in my signature. I did all the labour. I believe I got a good deal on the truck. So how bad do you want to sell it? $20k-ish is reasonable. However, one might argue the extras will only help you sell it for the lower market rate of stock.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i would say in north east ohio 18000, i paid 15200 for a 06 with 91000 on it mint not a mark 8 ft. bed ex cab just needed tires and that was 879. and leather interror it has a new oil cooler and coolant filter

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,788 Posts
Yeah but dullybob is yours studded and have all the updated parts from ford on it? If so then you got a deal. Op I think $27,500 would be a good starting point depending on body and chassis condition. That gives you room to play so if someone comes along and offers you say $25,500 you would still getting a good price and the buyer is getting a good reliable bulletproof truck that should last him many years if properly maintained.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
twoicebergs, that is a pretty good deal you got there. around here trucks with that mileage easly sell for 21 to 23k.

and tuscany, i was thinking of asking somewhere between 27,500 and 29k. I would rather be a little higher and then be able to negotiate some

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
The dealer had it advertised for $21k. It showed up on eBay without a reserve bid. With a minute remaining I put in the bid and won the auction. The dealer was hoping for around $20k. The truck looks new underneath, something you don't see in used vehicles where I live. This was the best used deal I have come across in a vehicle.

Since my purchase, a few other vehicles have come close to this one, but I wonder if the negative hype surrounding the 6.0l trucks as being time-bombs is affecting resale prices. Compared to my neighbour's Dodge Cummins, this is a nicer truck.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Last two trucks we got, 06 straight cab 8' bed xlt 105k for 12.5, and a 07 f550 loaded xlt with 26k that was gone through under warranty for 22.5k

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for getting that pic up. i couldnt figure out how to get them on here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.