Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was tossing the idea around with my wife about opening a diesel performance shop in the Edmond/Guthrie area. Selling chips and exhaust and Doing the installs. Also trailer repair, small trailers not tractor trailers. Whats yalls idea on this. Do yall think it would be a flop?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would wait and see what fuel prices hold for the future people cant even sell diesels much less mod them out. my .02

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
yea but look at our trucks we are still modding and putting stacks on. its a tough call

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I would wait and see what the economy does... You would have better luck and be a way more profitable business if you went into the battery sales... All these hybrids hafta break sooner or later :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yea ford99psd but we are few and far between compared to other not so dedicated diesel owners.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It'd be an interesting time to start out for sure. I'd say wait until you see when things turn around a little. They're not near as bad as everybody makes them out to be.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
I would wait and see what fuel prices hold for the future people cant even sell diesels much less mod them out. my .02
I started my business in May of 01, my wife said it was not a good time either. What did she know. :hehe::hehe:
In my opinion there is never a GOOD time to start a business, one can always find reasons not to. But with that said if you have some money to spend for the hard times I would strongly consider it. Remember customer service is all you have, so be the best you can be. Dealing with the public can sometimes try your patience but the rewards are great.

·
Registered
828 Posts
its a great idea and I wouldnt wanna be the 1 to shoot it down. I would love to do something likemthat where I live b ut Im afraid that right now It would be an expense rather than a profitable idea right now.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hey I was tossing the idea around with my wife about opening a diesel performance shop in the Edmond/Guthrie area. Selling chips and exhaust and Doing the installs. Also trailer repair, small trailers not tractor trailers. Whats yalls idea on this. Do yall think it would be a flop?
to my knowledge there is really no diesel performance shop around in OK, sounds like diesel performance is here to stay, but for those can afford to play have to pay.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think it would be great to have a diesel shop in OK! The diesel community has even been atracting a younger crowd... ( everyone knows that teens love to dump money in their rides ) I have 4 friends in duncan ranging from 17-24 that have diesels and all of them have programmers ect... ( Im the only one without stacks:doh: ) but as stated earlier it is always a risk and I would start small and grow with sales:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts