Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I'm thinking about making my own Bio-diesel! But before I do, I have a few questions.

I have a 2001 ex with the 7.3L. Do I have to make any changes to my truck in order to run bio? Also is it safe to mix diesel and bio?

I'm thinking about making my own bio-diesel processor. I was wondering about how much bio-diesel can be made form 55 gallons of vegetable oil?

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have a look here -http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor.html
55 gallons of oil will give you about equivalent in Biodiesel - the 10 or so gallons of Methanol goes missing.

·
Registered
323 Posts
check out ezbiodiesel.com i bought one of there kits. should be here this week. the owner is a good guy to talk to and will answer your questions if you call.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Need to start first of all finding your free sources of oil first, if you have to buy the oil, the startup cost outweigh the cost savings if you have to buy the oil. I looked at the EZiodiesel systems and you can make one of those for less than 1500.00 you just need the diagram for it. Graham's biodiesel docs. is a good place to look. He is british but its a good reference, and you should be able to out parts together to make a processor. Mine cost less than 500 becuase I made a cone bottom tank from plans off of journeytoforever.com.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I just use JTF for tutorial, and thats where I got my cone bottom plan, I never would buy anything from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts