Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a diesel truck, my budget is $15k cash. I've owned a good deal of trucks...4 being diesel (03 F250 SB/CC/7.3, 07 Ram 2500 5.9CTD, "POS/Nightmare" 06 F350 6.0PSD and a 2010 F250 6.4PSD SB/CC/6.4TT).

Nicest truck out of all of them was my 2010 as far as aesthetics...but mpg wise the dodge couldn't be touched. But the 03 F250 wasn't disappointing either mpg wise, I'd get an easy 18-19 mpg from it, but it was dated and the 7.3 is def not a "quiet" engine.... :look:

I've been avidly searching for a "clean" as close to stock 99-03 F250/F350 7.3 w/under 100k in auto/4wd/sb w/ crew cab or super cab for under $15k. Let me tell you this that the results are very limited... :please:

Anyways...here's what I've found:
2000 F350 Lariat (black w/gold|2tone) SRW/SC/LB w/83k Miles for $14.5k
2001 F250 XLT (black w/silver|2tone) SC/SB w/84k Miles for $13k

I'm leaning more towards getting the 01 XLT cause the fact that it's the color I like and the fact that it's a short bed. Both vehicles have been maintained regularly and run perfectly fine.

The 01 does have an issue with the 4wd solenoid that engages the 4x4 needs to be replaced, because of this 4wd can only be engaged my manually enabling the hubs. Besides that both trucks are very clean.

Your thoughts?:thumb:

·
Registered
692 Posts
there isnt a lot of difference between the trucks, i think you will be happy either way. the lariat is a nicer package, so i guess i would lean that way. both would be a faithful servant for many years to come.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd personally go with the 2nd one since it is a crew cab short bed, so you'll love the room in the cab for things unless you really need a long bed... Just my .02

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its hard finding a CC w/my budget, but the sc is big enough it seems.
I know what you mean.... I got lucky with mine and about 3 months of craigslist every day for every hour lol... Picked up my 02 with just over 100k for $12,900 with brand new wheels and tires. Love it!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would go with the '01.

Good luck!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I dont know if you'd be up for the trip, but I see Texas trucks with similar mileage in a ccsb for about the same price. Would be virtually no rust on them.

I paid $10k for mine with the lift and everything. Given it has twice the miles you want.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know if you'd be up for the trip, but I see Texas trucks with similar mileage in a ccsb for about the same price. Would be virtually no rust on them.

I paid $10k for mine with the lift and everything. Given it has twice the miles you want.

Link me to what your seeing, cause I've looked in Texas as I have family there & can't find anything w/mileage under 100k miles.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
My truck came from Texas with 106k miles on it for $17k. CC SB 4x4 Off-road packaged Lariat.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Link me to what your seeing, cause I've looked in Texas as I have family there & can't find anything w/mileage under 100k miles.
I look again when I get home, but I remember seeing a lot in the dallas/fort worth area. I was just looking for my cousin a couple weeks ago, but he decided on a chevy..

·
Banned
5,630 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I look again when I get home, but I remember seeing a lot in the dallas/fort worth area. I was just looking for my cousin a couple weeks ago, but he decided on a chevy..

Where are you looking online?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Where are you looking online?
Check out eBay... That's where my truck came from. Flew into Texas and drove my truck back to NC.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bought mine out of Arizona. Had it shipped for $800.

No rust!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts