Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have the Edge juice with attitude, Edge evolution, Afe intake, and monster exhaust. Was wondering if the DP Tuner would make a difference, if I could stack it with anything I have, and if it wont make a big difference what other upgrades could i do without doing rods and studs.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
A DP chip will make a big differance in driveablity, not much if any in MAX hp. You should see better tranny shifting, better EGT's and better MPG.

What year is your truck and what kind of money are you wanting to spend? What is your HP goal?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truck is a 2002 I also have the bully dog shift kit just purchased. Don't know how much I am willing to spend yet would have to talk to the wife. The major thing is fuel economy, but always love a faster truck no horsepower numbers set just want to make it faster. What kind of numbers do you think I am getting to the wheels now?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
About 290-310 to the rear wheels. Your at a point now that its big ticket items... Fuel system is a good one, about $500 for most give or take... Turbos, from $1600-$3000 or more, Injectors- $1500-3500 or so...

But with a 2002 you are somewhat limited to under 400hp to keep the motor intacted. You have Powdered Metal Rods which hold fine to about 400... then get there walking tickets.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what would you recommend next

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
just get a fuel system, AC single shots, and a DP and be done with it. Thats kinda spendy though but gives you a safe amountt of hp.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I would E-bay your Edge stuff, they get a great price on E-bay. Get a DP chip, and a set of gauges. Then from there, a fuel system and in time a set of stage 2's and or a Turbonetics BB turbo.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
just get a fuel system, AC single shots, and a DP and be done with it. Thats kinda spendy though
Thats a good plan as well. That should put you around 350 or so to the rear wheels. VERY FUN!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If my truck doesnt sell thats my next plan after a tranny, just need someone to buy a kidney so i can afford it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who would you recommend getting the stage two injectors from?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
with a PMR truck I myself just to play it safe would just run stage 1 AC single shots. Im sure you would be fine with 2's like CSIPSD said but your gonna be close to maxing out, im a wuss and like to play it safe. Dynomite diesel has the best warranty but they are a bit more in price.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Black Widow Diesel

Give them a shout!

I ran Stage 2's for over 80k with PMR's... still have the motor sitting in the shop, awaiting a full build... No issues with the PMR's

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also don't want to blow the tranny but will upgrade it when it decides to go.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
can a stock turbo work well with AC's and also with the stage 2's??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of mileage are you guys getting with the DP Tuner. Right now I am getting about 22 in town and up to 25 on the freeway, towing a 27 foot travel trailer I am getting 18-20 (half mountain driving). Just don't want that to go down if possible.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
thats some of the highest mileage ive ever heard. Im getting 15ish around town. Alls i do is city driving, and heavy on the go peddle at times. Those figures are hand calculated? Man i wish i got that:thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I go to work at three in the morning so I am usually light on the pedal not many people to mess with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes hand calculated my brother owns a chevy gasser and thought I was full of it so I had him do them by hand. The bs meter says that I am getting better.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I dont think anything will help you get better mileage than what you are getting, if your after mileage keep what ya got. If you want a better driving truck with more power, switch it up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What would you recommend first?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts