Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok after everything i have looked at i found the best deals on the olders ones even though they are older they have lower miles i found a perfect one, 5 speed 4x4 and new red paint and all stock with only 100000 miles, for $7000 its beautiful, but i want a stock so i can pump it up myself, i have about $13,000 to have fun with it but idk what to get i want intercooler, exhaust, intake and chip, and a small 2" lift cause i dont like them and if its to tall it wouldnt be any fun. so i need ur guys help.
can u make a list of what i should get and where from?
thanks all

·
Registered
117 Posts
Need some more info on truck. Ext cab? 4WD? F250 or 350? (ext cab.-250, long bed crew-350 short bed crew-250. reg. cab could be either) If you have 13k, you can do whatever you want. If I had 13k, I would start with a dana 60 swap with SD springs and 3" rsk kit with SD springs in the rear also, then intercooler, guages, 3down pipe, tymar intake, new clutch D66 turbo, stage 2 injectors, upgraded fuel system, TW chip, then head studs. some nice tires and wheels, and then redo the interior and you used about 8 grand (more if you get all of the work done) and have a nicer than new truck that has 450 HP.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
^^^ The man with a plan!

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
For a lift you could do a Dana 60 swap, but it is a lot of money but if you have then why not spend it, For a lift I did a 2.5" Lift on mine for 350 from topguncustomz.com, Then definitely do a 4 or 5" turbo back exhaust that many of the sponsors here sell. Then do some type of intake, stay away from K&N though, then an intercooler, Guages (boost,pyro,trans temp) which you can get from sponsors, then either stage 1 or stage 2 injectors but if you are doing that you have to upgrade your clutch to something like a double disk, then a 17* pump if you are doing stage 2s and probably good for stage 1s to, then a D66 turbo and maybe some type of fuel system if you have the money like the one from Air Dog. Also for the lift I fit 35s on with my 2.5" lift, Of course you also want a chip as well but if you are doing injectors, turbo and intercooler wait to buy it till after that and get a TW chip with it custom tuned to the addition of the injectors turbo and intercooler. With all this you will have one sick truck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here would be my reccomendations, upgrade the air intake, get a 4" turbo back exhaust with 3" downpipe and a set of gauges, boost and pyro most importantly. Then slap in a chip from either tony wildman or dp tuner. From their, depending on how many horses you want to be putting out you could go with stage Is, since you don't need many supporting mods and that will put you at a little over three hundred ponies. If you want to go with stage IIs you'll have to run an inter-cooler, second HPOP and a turbo upgrade. What size of tires do you want to run? A 2" levelling kit in the front will accommodate 33s, 4" of lift fits 35s, and 6" of lift will allow for 37s. The dana 60 swap is a good option, especially if you want to go wheeling a lot, but its somewhat of a costly job.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well bad news i cant get a truck till july 13th cause the money is in a blocked account till 18 so ill look around there but im almost posotive im going 96' 97' 5 speed, extra cab long bed 4x4

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with a dana 60 conversion

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the insurance is about 150$ more a month for a 350

·
Registered
418 Posts
the insurance is about 150$ more a month for a 350
an extra 150 a month holy cow.... I would look around on that quote my friend thats nasty. you think they would give people who owned trucks a break already don't we pay enough in fuel and maintenance costs on these beasts???

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well the insurance we have we pay $12000 a year cause we have everything on it, house, jewlery, cars, property and everything and its cheaper than anywhere else

1 - 14 of 14 Posts