Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found two 97 f250 4x4 2door cab an half with about a 107,000 miles they both have the same amount of miles an are in good shape there asking 8gs for both of them.

·
Registered
572 Posts
pretty good deals right there if they are clean. crawl under the truck and check bushing condition and ask about regular maitnence on both.

the most important things with these trucks is good regular maintenance. make sure all your 4x4 works and goes in and out of 4lo good. other then that....pikc which color ya like i guess hahaha

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats true im not new to diesel have had two super dutys an two cummins jus looken for something else also the one truck is orginial owner frt end I dont really care to much about doin a d60 swap.also saw that u did a swap is it that hard to do or jus drop in pretty much

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I found two 97 f250 4x4 2door cab an half with about a 107,000 miles they both have the same amount of miles an are in good shape there asking 8gs for both of them.
Where they at ??? :wink[3]:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there both in jersey when I was worken yesterday I saw the one an then my boss emailed me a forsale thing on some fishing website for the other one the are both in next to new condition.

·
Registered
572 Posts
ya know...the D60 swap doesnt have to be hard...but i guess i made it hard.

everything that wearable...i put on new. so i had to strip the entire axle down and paint it and put on all new steering parts, balljoints, u joints, bearings, seals, ring and pinion, brake system change... etc.

i actually did the whole thing on the ground mostly me and my 1 buddy. we are both 19 and had no problems with it. if you find a donor with all good parts, you can slap it right under the truck easily in a couple hours. mine was a complete over haul with a total right around $2,000. that includes buying the axle for $200.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright I went an drove the one truck it needs tires an brakes but other than that its a great truck but he wont budge on the price at all.hes asking 8500

1 - 7 of 7 Posts