Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I believe that my turbo is going out due to irratic opperation.
Sometimes it dosent spool good other times it builds boost well.
Last night I shut it off and it didn't even spool down as usual, it just stopped right away.
I also get a little blue smoke when the engine is cold which I believe would be the oil that I am losing.

What do you guys suggest as an affordable upgrade that will provide better spool and more air flow?

I am considering a SD conversion with a 1.0 ex housing and an ATS housing.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump TTT nobody has any ideas

·
Registered
362 Posts
you're not loosing boost anywhere are ya?
If ya want a replacement for now let me know, i'm parting out my 7.3 so i got an extra one

·
Registered
113 Posts
First off pull the intake boot and grap the turbo, if it moves in and out you have a problem. I would suggest the D-66 turbo from beans as a great drop in turbo. I know I love mine.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
First off pull the intake boot and grap the turbo, if it moves in and out you have a problem. I would suggest the D-66 turbo from beans as a great drop in turbo. I know I love mine.
+1 on a D66. Matt your makin 451hp now? what did you upgrade

·
Registered
113 Posts
Believe it or not I added an intercooler thats it. We ae going to do some more back to back testing with the old Y pipe on and the new intercooled. I changed nothing else! All the superduties we have done with the same stage II injectors have been in the 440hp range, the only difference between them and me was the intercooler.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Believe it or not I added an intercooler thats it. We ae going to do some more back to back testing with the old Y pipe on and the new intercooled. I changed nothing else! All the superduties we have done with the same stage II injectors have been in the 440hp range, the only difference between them and me was the intercooler.
That is insane Matt, PM sent. Maybe my truck will be up near that range too with your tuning:woot:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, I already did the end play inspection and it has a lot of play. I do not think it is leaking boost pressure anywhere because I can still get 35 out of it if I crank on it but it just wont spool very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts