Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994.5 model year

Hoping people can post up with features, specs, or parts that are unique to the 1994.5 powerstroke trucks. For the most part, things seem to cross over with 1995 and newer models, but not everything.

I'll start:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Main serpentine belt:

94.5 uses a different belt, which is approximately .4" longer than the 95'+ belt (it also have 7 ribs vs. 8, but that difference wouldn't matter).

So, when searching/ordering belt, make sure to select 1994 as model year and then select F code as the engine.

·
Registered
840 Posts
pretty sure 94.5 strokes were only offered with the zf-5 as well, no automatic

·
Registered
198 Posts
heads are slightly different, 94.5-95 have two less bolts per side that hold the plenums on.

water pumps are different

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
My 94 had the dual sunvisors on it (I don't remember seeing them on later trucks). As mentioned (along with the other items), the serpentine belt, pulleys, and idlers (tensioner too) were all different with the 7-rib belt. They also had the "staked" oil cooler/filter header adapter. They also used the OBD port under the hood with very limited diagnostics (until they were reflashed to later PCM programming). They had the UVCHs with the "plastic latches" instead of the "bail wire" clips and they had oil seals on them as well. The clutch master and slaves had smaller bores on them and the slaves were prone to cracking at the line boss. I'll probably remember more weirdness later. Cheers!

·
Registered
198 Posts
My 94 had the dual sunvisors on it (I don't remember seeing them on later trucks)
my 95 XLT F250 had them too. was a auto truck tho so maybe they were a option?? i have yet find them, they were sweet and i want some in my F350.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
my 95 XLT F250 had them too. was a auto truck tho so maybe they were a option?? i have yet find them, they were sweet and i want some in my F350.
Hit up 351fifty he has a pair or two

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Dual sunvisors are not an option on these trucks at all, only bronco and centurion, and various other conversions, I do have 2 sets and a spare drivers side one

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dual sunvisors are not an option on these trucks at all, only bronco and centurion, and various other conversions, I do have 2 sets and a spare drivers side one
pm sent...

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
Pm received lol

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
The 94.5 PCMs can be refleashed to the later OBD-II programming by a dealer (that knows what they are doing ... some seem to, others no clue). It cost me 1 hour of shop time when they were trying to diagnose a problem while on the road during vacation long ago. You can also contact the good folks at DP Tuner as they can do it as well. Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.