Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best t stat to get? and where can I get it? my stock gauge has been moving lately kind of erratic. truck is running tip top. Is my t stat going or is my temp sender going? I figure t stat is probably cheaper to start with. any ideas are welcome. thanks fellas:nod:

·
Registered
102 Posts
My temp. needle was cycling from cold to hot more than usual lately too (seemed to be running warmer before it cooled again) so I picked up a new t stat at NAPA and flushed the system. The truck is running cool again and is staying at a nice constant temperature. I'd give it a try and see what happens.....it worked for me!

·
Registered
369 Posts
The Ford / Motorcraft stat has the gasket installed on the stat as opposed to a separate part. Makes the install really easy. Get a new housing too. I changed the bolts on mine to allen heads. Allot easier to install.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update swapped the stat and now she's running at a steady temp.:thumb:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good deal! Glad you got it squared away.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yep, thermostats are goofy things. I've talked to a few "old time" mechanics, and they all told me to change my thermostate every year, along with the radiator cap. (as a preventative maintenance). I can't say that I've done it though.

Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out.

mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the well wishes fellas:shots:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yea mine would move around also until my water pump went and then put a new one in and it works like a charm. Glad you got squared away!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad to hear it worked for you!

·
Registered
512 Posts
yeah im running no fan at all and a my thermostat is damaged. I gotta get another one, since the trucks doesnt get to the normal range.
Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts