Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new to us (owned it for 4 weeks) 2006 Maroon over Tan F-350 crew cab Lariat was stolen out of our driveway Wednesday night in Indianapolis. Doors locked. Whoever got it got brand new shell rotella, a new turbo, my CTS, our baby seats, and some key toys our boys had in the truck.

What do you guys do for theft prevention? I plan on a couple of kill switches on the replacement. On my mustang I would often remove a few key compontents to keep the car from starting. When we get the replacement, is there anything we can do to help prevent theft?

Cop said they likely punched the drivers side door lock, pushed the down the street and busted open the steering column and started it with a screw driver. Any suggestions?

·
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!
6,471 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Alarm (hooked up to train horns), Jimmi Jammers, Kill switch, Replace the drivers side door handle with a rear one.

Other than that not much you can do. Just take all the precautions you can.

·
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!
6,471 Posts
DO NOT DO THIS Replace the drivers side door handle with a rear one. DO NOT DO THIS
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. What do you do when your battery dies? Break a window? This has to be the dumbest info floating around here on the org!

Now that Ravelco thing is a good idea.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,079 Posts
Even if you replace the front door handles w/ the rear ones, thieves can still break in by punching underneath the handle.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Alarm with a kill switch, how about a good ol' theft club for the stearing wheel. Make sure you have sock sensors on the alarm and when they punch it it will go off.

·
Firefighter Member
854 Posts
wow thought this would have come sooner......move....:hehe:. Im with the insurance thing...i love my truck but it is a truck...can be replaced

·
just a number
555 Posts
It does not matter what anti theft planning you use... if they want it bad enough, it will be gone.

·
Registered
786 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is starr_302's wife:

How does having insurance have anything at all to do with attempting to keep the truck from being stolen? And how does having it help me achieve that goal?

Insurance isn't anti-theft. It's AFTER theft. While I can live without my truck, that isn't the point.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i use insurance,its just a truck. i have never owned a vehicle that i cant live without.
Yeah for sure, I'll let my insurance pay more for my truck than its worth any-day..

·
just a number
555 Posts
This is starr_302's wife:

How does having insurance have anything at all to do with attempting to keep the truck from being stolen? And how does having it help me achieve that goal?

Insurance isn't anti-theft. It's AFTER theft. While I can live without my truck, that isn't the point.
Point is, most trucks are never recovered, so you get money for a new truck. Or, you can deter them with anti theft devices, let them smash the window or pry off the door handle, tear your steering column to pieces, rip the ignition out, then they figure that yours is not worth the hassle and possibly move on. Now you are stuck with a truck with way more damage than if they had stolen it in the first place. + the damages they caused might just equal your deductible.

I hate to admit it, but I drive the #1 stolen vehicle in the southern USA. Besides, Karma will catch up with thieves anyway :thumb: one day they might look down while pushing that big truck out of a driveway and think "what is that red dot on my ch:bang2:"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts