Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a TS 6 position chip on my brother's 2001 7.3 Excursion cleaned everything very good an installed the chip everything works and there's no other lights on but the theft light flashes real fast then slows then went out while we were driving. Pulled in shut it off then started it again and the theft light began to flash again. Any ideas?

·
Registered
852 Posts
was it flashed for his pcm code or was it bought from someone else and just thrown into the ex??

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
have you tried resetting the PATS? If that doesn't work then it got burned for the wrong code.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure how to reset the PATS, any info on that would be appreciated, also the vehicle does start and runs great and the light goes out after about min or two of driving. It looks as if the flashing red theft light is displaying some kind of code because of the pauses between the different quick flashes. Not sure at the point what to do? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue on my 2000 EX after installing a brand new TS 6 position chip. Did you find a solution with your brothers Truck?

·
Supporting Vendor
280 Posts
It's normal.

With the Excursions, the PATS data is stored in the binary that operates the vehicle. When installing a TS Performance chip on an Excursion or F-series with PATS (from any vendor, so stop bashing the generic guys), if the PATS data is not read from the PCM and flashed to the chip (to EACH file on the chip), the "Theft" light will flash as you're experiencing. The PATS has simply been disabled in the tuning so the vehicle still starts.

To quell the issue, simply go underneath the dash and above the accelerator pedal position sensor you will see a black box with a 4-wire connector (it will be a green or red connector).....simply unplug that and your "Theft" light issues will be no more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's normal.

With the Excursions, the PATS data is stored in the binary that operates the vehicle. When installing a TS Performance chip on an Excursion or F-series with PATS (from any vendor, so stop bashing the generic guys), if the PATS data is not read from the PCM and flashed to the chip (to EACH file on the chip), the "Theft" light will flash as you're experiencing. The PATS has simply been disabled in the tuning so the vehicle still starts.

To quell the issue, simply go underneath the dash and above the accelerator pedal position sensor you will see a black box with a 4-wire connector (it will be a green or red connector).....simply unplug that and your "Theft" light issues will be no more.
Big ups to PHP. Just put a TS chip on my 280k Excursion, pesky THEFT light wouldn't quit. All is well in the Fordiverse.

·
Administrator
30,450 Posts
yup but no way in hell would PHP help you with that same question today
so shout out to sites like this that save all the old threads

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agreed ZMANN, definitely found a gem in this 8 year old thread. I went from a sluggish 7.3L getting 15mpg to a peppy 21 mpg machine @ 75hp gain setting.

·
Registered
707 Posts
While maybe not that question directly, they seem to be coming back around slowly.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
30,450 Posts
well I hope so because they had us spoiled and really ramped it up on here and had quite an interactive presence then one day
bam

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
I miss my boy Chatham
I have a very odd hex code for my 7.3l and he was working on the php library because the shifting was off on all. He finished the 25hp heavy tow and the 100 perf. But then one day I sent my report of driving experinces and he didnt respond for over a week. I called and some lady answered the phone who to be frank was less then helpful and pawned me off like some Cali kid wanting a smoke tune... I called Bill directly minutes later and he said Chatham left. I still only have the 25hp heavy tow and 100perf tune lol. Oh the good ole days.

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Administrator
22,086 Posts
Yup, a lot of people had that same experience on the bright side he is running his own business and doing well.

·
Administrator
30,450 Posts
Good for him I always appreciated his interactions on PHP's behalf
And honestly PHP has always ( except for the few months Chatham was on here ) been a crazy business module .. the mad scientist should not be the PR/ marketing department

1 - 17 of 17 Posts