Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone I just bought a 2020Ford F-350 a few moths ago and I have a long list of mods I’m looking to do to it so I came here for some knowledge and support.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
756 Posts
I support you. Good luck!

Reactions: JustinOOO9

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Well, you certainly nailed the truck color and based on that smart move, I think your mod list will be very successful with minimal problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nine9six & Spirt, thank you I always like documenting my builds this is my 1st. Diesel truck so lots of questions on whether to delete or not to delete just to start the conversation. An I hope my build goes smoothly but I’ve run into some hick-ups already. I ordered a set of Wilwood brakes back on November 25, 2020 and still have not received them very frustrating!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so here’s my list so far that I have on order.

1. McGaughys lift kit
2. Wilwood brake kit both ft. & rr.
3. Fox shocks 2.0 both ft & rr.
4. Fuel wheels
5. Baja lights both ft. & rr.
6. Line-X bedliner
7. Low pro bed cover
8. Tires Toyo MT Open Country’s
9. Intake & exhaust

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
What is your plan for exhaust? With the new diesels it's not as easy as just throw some pipe at it and be done with it. Are you going to delete? Are you looking for sound? Turbo back? Filter back? We're here to help clear up questions if needed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kbnw15, Yes I would love some more sound and a turbo wine but at the end of the day I don’t to blow smoke or I think they call it rolling coal, im to old for that! As far as Proformance gose as to delete or not to delete all’s I’ve done is an intake & exhaust cause I don’t know the pros & cons in dele or not to still in a learning Curve. I will welcome all advice.

thank in advance!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
To get what you want with sound the only way is delete. The CAT and DPF are essentially just giant mufflers. Honestly most of the intakes don't net you much of anything either and tend to not filter as good as OEM. I know that's the case on the 6.0 and below but not entirely sure on these newer 6.7s even though I now own one lol. Essentially if you aren't going to delete then you are only changing tips for a different look at the end.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kbnw15, Thank you for the tip & advice but this is all bad news to me cause I would really like to delete it but do to the fact that this is my1st Diesel truck and I don’t know the ins & outs of inspections in NYS so I’m going to play it safe till then she will stay stock. Booooo!!!!

I’m working on a list of items I’m selling off the truck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here she is my 2020 Ford F-350 Platinum
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

I know it’s been a minute since my last post a lot has been going on with my build. Finally got a photo up!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kbnw15, I know it’s been some time have you done anything to your 6.7 yet? I’m still doing my research! An if there’s anybody else who knows how/ on what to do hit me up and and school me on the life of diesel….

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Leave the emissions intact.
Have you driven it yet? That pic is pre-delivery.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GregWork, Yes that is a pre-deliv photo but that’s how I took it home I have my own detailing business so I do much better work then any dealer around me!!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Grille

An yes I’ve been driving it to put some miles on it i have about 3k on her now…

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, here‘s what we got I ordered a raw McGaughy’s lift kit.

Gas Machine Engineering Flooring Automotive exterior

Building Crossfit Exercise machine Physical fitness Flooring

Powdercoated the kit with the springs & all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also got a set of Fuel Contra wheels and had them stripped and powder coated to match the lift kit.
Tire Wheel White Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Locking hubs Automotive tire Tread

Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel Bicycle part Automotive design

Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Alloy wheel Vehicle brake

Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel Motor vehicle Tread

Here we are with the wheels wrapped in a set of Toyo M/T tires.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fox suspension was orders when the lift kit was ordered. Because this was right in the middle of COVID-19 I ran into a lot of problems of getting products. I was very surprised I got the Mcgaughy’s lift kit in the time I did! The Fuel wheels I got in no time so with so with the word of everything closing down I ordered the tires right away.

I also ordered a set of Wilwood Brakes the full set both ft & rr with rotors lines everything I could in blue with silver logos. Baja Lights we’re ordered soon after the brakes I got a light bar& rear bumper lights.

This was the most fustairing build I’ve ever been a part of cause of the availability of parts I did not see a big difference in price I guess I was right at the beginning of the price hike!!

This was my time table on the back burner.

1. Mcgaughy’s Lift Kit: Was about 6-8 weeks
2. Fox Suspension: Was about 12 weeks give or take
3. Wilwood Brakes: Was a whopping 8 months
4. Baja Lights: Was 6 months
5. Bed Cover: Was 4 weeks
6. Tires: Was about 4 weeks
7. Fuel Wheels: Was about 2 weeks
8. Outlaw LEDs Lights: Now this deserves its own post in its self!! Not a good experience!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I haven't done anything to my 6.7 and with the way things are now I don't feel like it is worth the headache of searching down what I need to do the deletes and stuff and then have something go wrong. This truck is super solid as is and the only thing I think I will be doing "performance-wise" is I still need to get me some air bags for the rear and maybe just find some shiny piping for the engine compartment. Also probably a DPK at some point but I'm to lazy and indecisive to figure out which one to get.

I like the look of that truck my man. Unfortunately it looks like the only way we can get the exhaust sound out of it is to throw speakers in the bed and play a recording of an old 6.0 on a loop lol.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts