Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my no power issue fixed by replacing my fuel/water separator pump and I was out today and a buddy was like that's not coolant leaking under there is it. I was instantly like no way.....it was coolant leaking out what looks like the entire bottom of he radiator. Has anyone had any issues with the radiator separating at the crimps? This sucks but it could be worse I guess.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know where to get an all aluminum radiator?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Bulletproof diesel makes one and so does mishimoto.

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ford F250 w/ 6.0L Powerstroke Engine Aluminum Radiator, 2003-2007, by Mishimoto

Heard some old things about these... I have their silicone hoses for my 7.3 and they are nicely made.
Yea why in the world would I pay $1,200.00 for a radiator? Its only got a 3 out of 5 rating. $1,200.... That is crazy. I found THESE on Ebay and have talked with a few people useing them said they love it and have had 0 issues. think I'm going with that. H3ll the BPD one is only $300 something.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Yea why in the world would I pay $1,200.00 for a radiator? Its only got a 3 out of 5 rating. $1,200.... That is crazy. I found THESE on Ebay and have talked with a few people useing them said they love it and have had 0 issues. think I'm going with that. H3ll the BPD one is only $300 something.

That was the level of difficulty for installing not the reviews of it.... And I was just throwing it out there since you asked about aluminum radiators

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was the level of difficulty for installing not the reviews of it.... And I was just throwing it out there since you asked about aluminum radiators
I appreciate it. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The top of my radiator has been leaking for months. Every time I have called VPD to see if they have the aluminumin stock they tell me they're out. Aside from mishimoto most are OEM style and I don't really want to go back to plastoic tanks

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The top of my radiator has been leaking for months. Every time I have called VPD to see if they have the aluminumin stock they tell me they're out. Aside from mishimoto most are OEM style and I don't really want to go back to plastoic tanks
Did you check out the one I posted?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I missed the link,but just took a look.

That is a nice looking radiator

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I missed the link,but just took a look.

That is a nice looking radiator
Yea I think Im going to give it a try.

Sent from my GSIII on the Blazer ROM LF8 Radio.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No it's still leaking 5 days later...lol

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My radiator cracked at the top during a WOT run. Made me freak out like you would not believe. Thought the HG's had went again. I just went back with the OEM because I needed one like right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I know. It's been sitting for a week now. I'm ordering it today I guess....lol I miss my truck and it has 80 gal of diesel in her just begging to be burned.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yea I was at work 800 miles from home and a deliverable address. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the upgraded radiator installed today. That thing was beautiful. Almost hated putting it in the truck...lol still can't believe I got it for $200. More than we'll with getting rid of the stock price of [email protected]

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
nothing wrong with the OEM rad, no need to go to a "performance" radiator.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes there is. Mine just randomly started leaking at the crimps. Second time. Now I won't ever have to worry about it again and it even cools better than oem.

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I order the same radiator today the top tank on my oem has been leak a a little for over a year.In the last couple of weeks it's been leaking a lot so the ne wone is on the way

1 - 20 of 58 Posts