Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck ran fine just had the common winter white smoke. So I replaced the glow plugs, gasket, and a broken pigtail, put it all back together and had a check engine light come on.

Ran the codes and had a P0237 which is supposed to be low input voltage for the MAP sensor. Check the connections and hose everything seemed fine. Order a cheap replacement off of amazon just to see if it would fix the problem.

The new cheap sensor fixed the check engine light issue, but now I have a substantial power loss. I can hear the turbo spooling but doesn't seem to get any fuel. But when I place my chip into the various settings OTHER than STOCK, everything seems to run just fine and has plenty of power.

My question to the community is before I spend $120 for a motorcraft MAP sensor does this seem like the problem. And what is it about the DP F5 chip settings that allows the truck to run like it should when not in the stock mode?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I will need to barrow my buddy's Snap-On scanner again to read the live data. I did however replace the map sensor with a motorcraft one and still the same problem persists. At wide open throttle I would say it might have half power. When I unplug the MAP sensor the truck runs perfect, So I suspect a faulty MAP sensor perhaps. I will try to update soon

Reactions: White95f250

· Registered
3,774 Posts
Make sure you get the correct MAP sensor (F4TZ-9F479-A). The OBS use a digital sensor that outputs a variable frequency signal (whereas the 99+ use an analog sensor). If you have the ability to apply a pressure to the MAP, you can read the frequency with a DVOM. See the attached for additional info. Cheers!

Attachments

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truck runs perfect again. Really not sure why. I unplugged the sensor and the boost hose running to it, and then plugged the sensor in and put the hose on. And bam fixed. I'm not sure if the computer wasn't getting a right reading or maybe the boost hose was leaking.

So in summary I replaced the faulty MAP sensor with a cheap Chinese rip off one. This got rid of the check engine light but truck had low power. Replaced the Cheap MAP sensor with a motorcraft one and same problem persisted. Unplugged everything, checked all my wires and lines again, plugged it all back in and it was fixed.

Still a mysterious MAP sensor!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.