Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched high and low, and I believe I have tried everything, but wanted some more other opinions. I have a high mileage, 354xxx, 6.0 that has the shudder between 45-60, or whenever just cruising in overdrive. Anytime in overdrive and I try to lightly accelerate it shudders, and sometimes bucks, but wont downshift unless I really get on it, and then it feels fine. I have just recently done a ton of work including new oil cooler, ficm wiring harness, icp sensor, ebp sensor, hpop gasket, and egr delete. After the two sensors it seemed better for a few drives and then eventually came back. Just before all the work I did an oil change with syn T6, and have also added archoil with no change. I have a scanguage ii, and icp pressure is good, as is ficm voltage, and my deltas are right where they should be. Any ideas what else it could be? I have read that it could be injectors, but it does it cold, and hot, and the archoil seems like it should have done something? Any help would be great!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts
Did it just start after all the work was done? Could be an injector didn't get plugged in correctly. If it's when the engine is down low in the RPMs and lugging a bit then yes it could be an injector, and there's more to them than the oil side that goes weak or breaks internally. For example, temperature and all the Archoil in the world won't fix a broken spring....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been doing it since I bought the truck, so before, and after the work. I went through and made sure the injector harness was plugged in tight on the ficm and the injectors. Seems kind of odd it got better with new ICP and EBP sensors? No injector codes at all either, just glow plug circuit low. Also doesn't do it when tow/haul mode. I forgot to mention I thought it was a fueling issue, so I did the blue spring upgrade, and seems to be the same still....

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts
Can you describe the shudder a bit more? Take a video of your dash while it's happening? I wouldn't have thought that ICP/EBP sensors would have made it better but if it did there may be a different issue here.

Is it only specific to that speed range?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't have a video, but it is low rpm, cruising speed. Usually starts around 45 and goes up to around 60. Whenever I am at cruising speeds and try to lightly accelerate it is like its struggling to move itself, and it is misfiring? Its hard to describe but speedometer and tach both stay steady, as does ICP pressure. Sometimes its fairly unnoticeable unless you are driving, but other times the whole truck bucks and shakes almost uncontrollably unless I really get on it and it shifts out of OD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts