Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The hell with MFT. Tablet installed...

Needs some minor finishing touches to meet my expectations, but so far, LOVE IT.
Nexus 7 installed via compression fit and some minor dremeling for the charge cord. All audio transported via Bluetooth and all other radio functions still in tact, just no radio face.
Tablet turns on with key-on and turns on blue tooth and WiFi (uses my phone for hotspot) and also turns off with key-off.

uploadfromtaptalk1355413357422.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1355413371229.jpg

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Supposed to be MFT not fmt. Mods can change?

Reactions: TJA1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Needs some minor finishing touches to meet my expectations, but so far, LOVE IT.
Nexus 7 installed via compression fit and some minor dremeling for the charge cord. All audio transported via Bluetooth and all other radio functions still in tact, just no radio face.
Tablet turns on with key-on and turns on blue tooth and WiFi (uses my phone for hotspot) and also turns off with key-off.

View attachment 47004
View attachment 47005
About six months ago I saw something similar on a computer nerd website that installed a iPad into the same spot. If Ford were smart they would scrap the Microsoft Sync system and figure out a way to integrate an outside GPS to plug into your Nexus or iPad. I think that Sync really S.:haha: and I would love to have my pad in the hole.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would really like to see better pictures as well.
The only thing that would keep me from doing something like this would be the steering wheel buttons. I use them so much the paint is wearing off (you can see light coming through the buttons at night). I'd be really awesome if you could utilize the POGO pins so that when you turn your truck on (and the tablet at the same time) it automatically turns on to "dock" mode.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
First off jcain, That is AWESOME!!!

I would really like to see better pictures as well.
The only thing that would keep me from doing something like this would be the steering wheel buttons. I use them so much the paint is wearing off (you can see light coming through the buttons at night). I'd be really awesome if you could utilize the POGO pins so that when you turn your truck on (and the tablet at the same time) it automatically turns on to "dock" mode.
Nexus 7 installed via compression fit and some minor dremeling for the charge cord. All audio transported via Bluetooth and all other radio functions still in tact, just no radio face.Tablet turns on with key-on and turns on blue tooth and WiFi (uses my phone for hotspot) and also turns off with key-off.
I think the he is still using his steering wheel controls... Right? Or just volume?

I wonder if going through the USB port would be better then Bluetooth overall? I know the sound quality would be better. Would it give you full control over the tablet from the steering wheel?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything factory (sw controls etc) are ALL functional. Bluetooth audio does not suffer quality loss.

·
Registered
50 Posts

View attachment 47004
View attachment 47005
Found this on YT. They will convert your dash plastic to accept a new 7" iPad for $800.

Photos and info — Soundman - Home of the iPad mini Car Install

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
Do you pick up fm stereo also? Sat. radio? Sync still works?

If so, that is sweet!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all the factory radio functions are in place. fm/am/sat (except cd, you have to unplug the ribbon that power the cd player)

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
I'm bumfuzzled on how you made this happen. What unit did you originally have?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cd/mp3 fm/am/sat with sync (non nav non premium)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm very psyched about your install bro!! that is sweet!
i was wondering how? not too worried about fitting it in, but hooking it up...

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I'm very psyched about your install bro!! that is sweet!
i was wondering how? not too worried about fitting it in, but hooking it up...
Bluetooth.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Have better pictures?

Reactions: F250Marine
1 - 20 of 23 Posts