Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, im a diesel mechanic here in memphis and im working on a 2003 f650 6.0 chipper/dump truck, ok so my boss bought this truck for 30,000 and it has 140,000 miles on it. We first got this truck and it started having a no start when hot, so i tested the HPO system and found a leaking injector, and a bad hpop, so i replaced injector, hpop, ipr, icp, new o-rings on all injectors, and also changed out the stand pipes to be safe. Anyways truck ran fine for about a month then all of a sudden a no start at all, so i checked the fuel tank and to me it smelled like gas, so i drained the tank and got all the fuel out, drained the oil cause again i smelled gas, well i sent all that off to have a fingerprint analysis done and everything came back normal, good oil, and good fuel, filled truck up with fresh diesel and rotella, and still a no start so i checked all fuses and relays and everything seems to be fine, i changed out the cam, and crank sensor, just cause its a cheap fix and these sensors are easy to get to on this truck, and im also letting you guys know we had the computers updated prior to all the work and problems to take care of some drivability concerns, this is the wierd part...with a scanner hooked to it, the icp desired reads 0 but then the icp climbs to over a thousand, the ipr sits at 100% but then drops to around 45% while cranking, fuel pulse width reads 0, i put to new batteries in it and checked all my grounds and everythings normal, and just to see if i could get it to fire i shot some ether into the air box and still this truck wont try to fire, i consider myself a decent diesel tech but this truck has got me bent all out of shape, if anyone can shed some light on this id greatly appreciate it...one more thing, with the crank and cam sensor connectors unplugged and testing with a test light it seems to have no voltage at the connectors, i think this all may be computer (pcm,ficm) related but im about to burn this truck alive
!

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
No FICM or injector codes?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ruck wont run but with all the trying to crank it and get it running, it shows a few injector codes for low to high side open on like 3 injectors, and two IDM2 codes, but again it all may be related to me trying to fire it up

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone got any ideas and can sorta point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on guys 140 views and only 2 replies? wheres the help?

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts