Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the family camping this weekend (all 7 of us) had the ex loaded down and even a hitch cargo tray for more crap. It pulled like i was in there by myself. Mountain grades were like flat land. I loved seeing the minivans that flew by on flat land on the passenger side on the hills gear shifting and struggling. I can say that no matter what, I will buy only turbo diesels from now on. I dont care what fuel costs, its well worth it.

The scary thing is that its all stock, no exhaust, chip or intake. I cant wait til i close escrow so I can buy mods.

Long live the ex!!!!

Oh wait, its Cinco de Mayo.

Viva el ex!!!!

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
Hey Bryan how u know its a 6.0? :hehe: could be a 7.3 too:haha: glad you like your diesel!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Hey Bryan how u know its a 6.0? could be a 7.3 too glad you like your diesel!
This is true. I just assumed because of all the bragging.:p

·
Registered
214 Posts
I took the family camping this weekend (all 7 of us) had the ex loaded down and even a hitch cargo tray for more crap. It pulled like i was in there by myself. Mountain grades were like flat land. I loved seeing the minivans that flew by on flat land on the passenger side on the hills gear shifting and struggling. I can say that no matter what, I will buy only turbo diesels from now on. I dont care what fuel costs, its well worth it.

The scary thing is that its all stock, no exhaust, chip or intake. I cant wait til i close escrow so I can buy mods.

Long live the ex!!!!

Oh wait, its Cinco de Mayo.

Viva el ex!!!!
Your right....the X is a bad machine:woot:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
798 Posts
When we drive from DFW back to my parents house in NM I usually will just drive all night and let all the girls sleep the whole way to make it go faster for them. That's when she shines, 44 gallons at 19.5 hwy mpg means not having to stop for fuel, not even once. Get her on the hwy, set the cruise, and she never comes out of overdrive, not even once. And that's going from less than 1000 ft elevation here in TX to 7500 ft in elevation at my parents house....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes sir, the Ex ROCKS!!!
I've driven I-10 from Louisiana to LA a couple of times, towing more than 6000 pounds back both times. I love passing gassers up hill while I'm towing. Drove to Cancun last summer. The locals loved it. They don't see many diesels in private vehicles down there. I was guaranteed to be stopped at every inspection point, just so the soldiers or Federalies could check it out.

Ford - are you listening? I'd buy a new one (maybe two, one for the wife), with a 6.4 and coil spring 4x4.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Ummmm....just to let you know....they still make them....but only certain people can get them.....Military, Gov(FBI,CIA),...
and limo's lol!

oh and redstroker, it's in the 6.0 forum lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ummmm....just to let you know....they still make them....but only certain people can get them.....Military, Gov(FBI,CIA),...
Umm, thanks for that....

Just let me know when the average tax payin' civilian can go down and buy one at the dealership. I'm too old to join the military, and the FBI and CIA aren't willing to pay my price for my particular skills, at the moment. :wink[3]:

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
LOL...well...you could find them at auctions....but you'll have to live with the "armor plated" version...lol

Armored Cars, Armored Vehicles and Bullet Proof Security Cars - I.A.G. : Armored Ford Excursion

this one is armor plated:

"Occasionally WorldWide Armor Services and IAC perform special customizations on automobiles that are not normally used for armored vehicles, such as the Volkswagon Beetle shown below. These photos of the VW Beetle after armoring illustrate how an armored vehicle need not appear to be an armored vehicle."

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
PHP:
[/Armored Cars, Armored Vehicles and Bullet Proof Security Cars - I.A.G. : Armored Ford Excursion
:thumb:

Pretty cool, It would be nice if they were back in public production.
2009 Black EX 4x4 dark tint Back to the 6.0. TV's in the back for the kiddo's and a fold down bed.:punk: (with laydown seat belts)Safety FIRST:approve:
I would have to convince my wonderful wife to trade in her Titan. Yes she is a Nissan Gal

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you notice, I.A.G. doesn't list them as "in stock". The pictures are also of the last generation chassis with leaf springs up front. I actually saw one for sale, used, a couple of years ago, in Mexico. Not cheap. They didn't even bother to put the price in pesos. Too many zeros to fit on the page! Nice, if you need it, but I've not been shot at since I moved out of Los Angeles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i absolutely love my 6.0 ex...wouldn't trade it for anything...unless it was a newer nicer EX lol

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Ours is a 7.3, don't know what difference that makes but we sure love ours. Prolly never get ride of it being we have 4 pretty girls I'm sure a bounch of grandkids will be on the way!:doh::crazy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts