Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, the big day is coming soon i hope. I plan on buying a chip soon. I've just got a few questions to ease my decisions.

I'm about 95% sure im goin with a TW chip, mainly because of the free reburns, cause who knows, i might do injectors one day. My other option is a DP tuner, how do they compare? I imagine both max out the injectors and everything on the truck. I guess, other than the free reburns, what would make me want one over the other? also, what kind of fuel mileage increase should i expect?

Also, gauges, i want something that matches the factory gauges because i don't plan on upgrading them. I wanna go with boost, pyro, and trans mounted on the A pillar. I know a lot of people like Isspros. Any other suggestions? Can a vendor hook me up with a good deal?

And finally the transmission, i imagine a valve body upgrade is a good idea, from what ive heard. Who makes a good VB? also, what about a torque converter? How much are they, is it really required?

Sorry for the long post, but i like to make informed decisions, and want to avoid buyers remorse.:)

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Ok guys, the big day is coming soon i hope. I plan on buying a chip soon. I've just got a few questions to ease my decisions.

I'm about 95% sure im goin with a TW chip, mainly because of the free reburns, cause who knows, i might do injectors one day. My other option is a DP tuner, how do they compare? I imagine both max out the injectors and everything on the truck. I guess, other than the free reburns, what would make me want one over the other? also, what kind of fuel mileage increase should i expect?

[highlight]I would look into the free reburns a little more. It's not free reburns for life whenever you need it.[/highlight]

Also, gauges, i want something that matches the factory gauges because i don't plan on upgrading them. I wanna go with boost, pyro, and trans mounted on the A pillar. I know a lot of people like Isspros. Any other suggestions? Can a vendor hook me up with a good deal?
[highlight]Get the Diprocol Optix series...perfect factory match[/highlight]

And finally the transmission, i imagine a valve body upgrade is a good idea, from what ive heard. Who makes a good VB? also, what about a torque converter? How much are they, is it really required?

[highlight]Try John Wood, or Brians truck shop[/highlight]
Sorry for the long post, but i like to make informed decisions, and want to avoid buyers remorse.:)
Good luck!

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm, maybe i should have chose a better title, noone has even looked at it yet. Bump anyway.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha ha, of course, someone responds as im typing.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which is better for a VB? JW or BTS?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
:D........

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I'm not real sure, but i'm going to get the John Wood because Jody at DP tuner works with John closely, and I have a DP tuner...

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone have any info on the free reburns?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
PM or call Tony himself, I've heard he's real good to talk to.

Jody is a real nice guy to talk to also...very helpful.

Good luck

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what are their user names so i can PM them?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone know?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Tony's is Twildman i believe,

and i dont think jody is a member on this site. Something happened and he is no longer a member:dunno::dunno:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Yeah Tony is twildman, and diane (jody's wife) is seeya I beleive. DP Tuner has a section in the vedors area of the site.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have a DP with a Woods valve body and its awesome!!!! Very Quick and firm shifts. I have no experience with the others but have heard nothing but good about them as well. For guages I have the DiPricols and they are a very nice guage, very nice quality.

·
Registered
447 Posts
QUOTE=cob32187;588262]Ok guys, the big day is coming soon i hope. I plan on buying a chip soon. I've just got a few questions to ease my decisions.

I'm about 95% sure im goin with a TW chip, mainly because of the free reburns, cause who knows, i might do injectors one day. My other option is a DP tuner, how do they compare? I imagine both max out the injectors and everything on the truck. I guess, other than the free reburns, what would make me want one over the other? also, what kind of fuel mileage increase should i expect? I don't think you'll go wrong going with either tuner. Both are venders here. You just will have to look at the options both offer and decide which makes more sense to you. Send them an e-mail with any questions and whichever gives you that warm and fuzzy,buy that one. Fuel mileage I believe to be more relative to the weight of your right foot on the skinny pedal.Also, gauges, i want something that matches the factory gauges because i don't plan on upgrading them. I wanna go with boost, pyro, and trans mounted on the A pillar. I know a lot of people like Isspros. Any other suggestions? Can a vendor hook me up with a good deal?

Ask this question in your e-mail to the tuners as to which valve body they prefer to work with. Depending on which tuner as to which valve body they may recommend. Whichever valve body you choose, ask that vendor for a recommendation on T/C's
Sorry for the long post, but i like to make informed decisions, and want to avoid buyers remorse.:)[/QUOTE]:thumb: Very good idea!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts