Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
it appeared to me that the truck was running with the garage door closed lol. get a damn door open.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
it appeared to me that the truck was running with the garage door closed lol. get a damn door open.
hahaha i took that video right before i shut down for the night. When it idles for a period of time that garage door and 2 other are all the way open

now for some gruesome pictures :taze:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
just a couple videos of my findinds today

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice brakes!

i need to do brakes on my personal truck which is a 2wd version of yours, right down to the rusted cab corners and no parking brake.

been dreading it because i thought you had to pull the axle shafts like the old drums, but now it doesn't look too horrible. still wonder who got drunk and thought the drum brake inside a disk brake was a good idea.

as for cold start, i know i can turn on the key, wait for the clock to move one minute and it will usually start with about 15-20 seconds of cranking.
plugging it in doesn't help because some idiot backed out without checking to see if it was unplugged and yanked the heater cord hard enough i don't think it is working.

on the ZF6 trans, from what i have read, the whole input top shaft and gearset turns with the clutch engaged, shifting just locks the lower gear to the output shaft. At least that's how i read it.
when the truck is real cold and i start it up, i can actually hear the engine lug for a half second when i release the clutch after starting.
it also blips a tiny bit when i de-clutch untill the gear oil warms up after about 5-6 miles of driving.
it also runs like a super slow turd for about the first 2 miles, even with 5 minutes of idle before leaving. my truck is bone stock though.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Did an oiul change the other day

and replaced the blower motor resistor

i think it needed it and now my blower works on all speeds

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Nice brakes!

i need to do brakes on my personal truck which is a 2wd version of yours, right down to the rusted cab corners and no parking brake.

been dreading it because i thought you had to pull the axle shafts like the old drums, but now it doesn't look too horrible. still wonder who got drunk and thought the drum brake inside a disk brake was a good idea.

as for cold start, i know i can turn on the key, wait for the clock to move one minute and it will usually start with about 15-20 seconds of cranking.
plugging it in doesn't help because some idiot backed out without checking to see if it was unplugged and yanked the heater cord hard enough i don't think it is working.

on the ZF6 trans, from what i have read, the whole input top shaft and gearset turns with the clutch engaged, shifting just locks the lower gear to the output shaft. At least that's how i read it.
when the truck is real cold and i start it up, i can actually hear the engine lug for a half second when i release the clutch after starting.
it also blips a tiny bit when i de-clutch untill the gear oil warms up after about 5-6 miles of driving.
it also runs like a super slow turd for about the first 2 miles, even with 5 minutes of idle before leaving. my truck is bone stock though.

i agree the drum inside disc is a terrible idea!!!

now i did this tonight

before:

and after

·
Registered
80 Posts
i agree the drum inside disc is a terrible idea!!
I have never had an issue with the drum E-brake. I have had issues with the cable where it goes into the pedal assembly but other than adjusting the drum E-brake every so often I have not had to deal with it and I use it often being a manual trans. If the e-brake was part of the disc breaks it would make the cost of the caliper heigher and more of a pain to change. Maybe I am a loner but I like the design.

Nice grill. I like it. Need to do mine but I think I am going to do all of the grill. No chrome.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I have never had an issue with the drum E-brake. I have had issues with the cable where it goes into the pedal assembly but other than adjusting the drum E-brake every so often I have not had to deal with it and I use it often being a manual trans. If the e-brake was part of the disc breaks it would make the cost of the caliper heigher and more of a pain to change. Maybe I am a loner but I like the design.

Nice grill. I like it. Need to do mine but I think I am going to do all of the grill. No chrome.
thanks, the chrome is going to be white when i get the time.

I put mustang brakes on my ranger and it has the parking brake built into the caliper, they are no harder to change than a normal caliper to me.

I mean im sure when I get it all replaced it will work fine since i have the 6 speed but it looks like it was not used at all and it just rotted away.

i have to do cables, hardware and new shoes for the parking brake

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I'll just leave this here

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Behavior Modificationist
1,519 Posts
Keep 'em comin' with the photos and Youtube updates!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Keep 'em comin' with the photos and Youtube updates!
I plan on working on the exhaust tonight and picking up my brakes tomorrow on my home from class and getting it all installed Friday and Saturday it's test injector day

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Started working on it tonight.

Got the old down pipe off

Then I had to take the trans crossmrmber out to drop the engine down to get the new pipe up to the turbo.

Started fitting pieces. And ran out of time since I have to sleep since I got class tomorrow

Gonna pick up my brakes and get the exhaust finished tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
Started working on it tonight.

Got the old down pipe off

Then I had to take the trans crossmrmber out to drop the engine down to get the new pipe up to the turbo.

Started fitting pieces. And ran out of time since I have to sleep since I got class tomorrow

Gonna pick up my brakes and get the exhaust finished tomorrow.

Shouldn't have had to, just cut the old down pipe to get it out and the new dp slides right up there. And be sure to test your injectors COLD

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Shouldn't have had to, just cut the old down pipe to get it out and the new dp slides right up there. And be sure to test your injectors COLD

Do you have a zf6? There was absolurket no way the stock was just sliding out. It goes through the cross member and the new one did the same.

And yes I already planned on that

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
My afe down pipe did not just slide up in. I had to take the crossmemeber out to to get it up there it was to long

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts
Weird, mine slid right up. With room to spare Wonder how much longer AFE is than diamond eye.

101 - 120 of 691 Posts