1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and this is what he brought me
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
A Vegistroke V3:nod::nod:
This is an upgrade so the wiring is not included, just the module, including a new FASS pump! New hoses - which i didn't really need but i'll put them on anyway. A new 91 gallon tank/toolbox with built in heater is comming on the next truck...hopefully before the weekend so i can install this dude Sat. Morning!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Man that looks sweet Clay, congrats!!

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
better getcha one while they are hot!

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
sweet Clay!!!

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Very Nice Clay

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is the superior fuel system for the 7.3?
This same system (Vegistroke) fits a 7.3 with a couple of different fittings...

When i get my upgrade put on, i will be selling (for a sweet price) my old module. The tank is already up for sell in an add on here. Module and a tank and all you need is a few feet of coolant hose, some fuel line, some banjo check valves and a wire harness - all of which can be bought at Dinofuelalternatives and you can have a complete working vegistroke system for hundreds less than a new one.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
hey clay you can send that over to me so you dont have to hassle putting it in!!! :hehe:

·
Registered
154 Posts
ok chenry, i dont know if its the same for the 6.0 as it is on the 7.3 but i put mine together this morning and i got one male connector left over coming from the cab to the fn74. its got the #7 white sticker on it. whats it for:dunno: i got no place to plug it in.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok chenry, i dont know if its the same for the 6.0 as it is on the 7.3 but i put mine together this morning and i got one male connector left over coming from the cab to the fn74. its got the #7 white sticker on it. whats it for:dunno: i got no place to plug it in.
i have no idea...lol...i didn't get a complete kit here, just from the module back to the tank. The lines to the engine will attach to this module so i don't have to replace those.
Call Jason but i suspect if everything is connected, you have an extra part for no reason.

·
Registered
169 Posts
and this is what he brought me
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
A Vegistroke V3:nod::nod:
This is an upgrade so the wiring is not included, just the module, including a new FASS pump! New hoses - which i didn't really need but i'll put them on anyway. A new 91 gallon tank/toolbox with built in heater is comming on the next truck...hopefully before the weekend so i can install this dude Sat. Morning!

Hmmmm, I recall seeing one just like that in my garage a few days ago. :hehe:

Clay, I'd advise you to be sure and open the box up and inspect the tank real good before signing for it. I think you saw the pictures of the tank I received which was marred up pretty good along with quite a few scatches. Pretty shotty work overall with lots of metal shavings still in the hinge area of the toolbox lid. The guy doing my install told me he had to send a tank back last week because it was bad. I don't recall what he told me was wrong but it was a functioning problem and not a cosmetic one.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, i'll do that.
If i get my tank today (fingers crossed) I'll install this bad boy Sat. and be able to show it off at the Texoma g2g next weekend so if anyone wants to get there hands on it, that would be a good time!
Even if i don't have it installed, i will bring it to show.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am very jealous at the amount of money you have saved on fuel
lol i was too thats why i ordered it, and i just got it running today:woot:.
i hope to see the stock fuel gauge stay at a half tank for a LONG time.:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i hope to see the stock fuel gauge stay at a half tank for a LONG time.:icon_ford:
I put 3/4 of a tank of diesel in mine on May 1st and i still have a little over 1/4 tank. That has been over 1000 miles of driving...probably 1200.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My old system (that still works fine) is up for grabs....who wants it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
......thats why i ordered it, and i just got it running today:woot:.
I just ran mine for the first time today and you couldn't slap the grin off my face as I drove by the gas stations. One was changing the pricing on his sign and I have to admit to laughing out loud and doing a little dance behind the wheel. :woot:

To top it off, I ran by a big festival that had a carnival at it and I saw a big sign that said funnel cakes for sale and got to thinking....... stopped and asked the guy what he does with his grease and he told me he throws it away. Come to find out he had one cubie he had just dumped in the garbage and had another one behind his stand. I fished out the one in the garbage and he gave me the other one. Walked out of there with just shy of 10 gallons. :thumb: Told him I'd be back Sunday afternoon to get whatever he had and he was more than happy to save it for me.

BTW Clay, you were right, there was two donaldsons in the kit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts