Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guy's I need the most obnoxious train horn out on the market !!! Hopefully under 300 bucks. :dunno: because I need it just in case. :thumb: I rarely dislike people but my mother in law is gonna get a rude awakening, Oh, I love that woman with all my heart. I think, no I know I'm getting one. On my way to work drive up to her house across her lawn up to her bedroom window give her a good morning toot, at least once a week. :dunno:If that don't show any affection I don't know what does.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
trainhorns.org has them all the way up to 175db which is insane...most kits out there are only 150 or so

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
trainhorns.org has them all the way up to 175db which is insane...most kits out there are only 150 or so
175db from trainhorn.org is BS, all of the kits have the exact same horns except for the last one, which has one extra bell on it, the only difference between the kits, is a bigger tank, 2 compressors etc. Multiple compressors will NOT make a horn louder, it's only going to fill the tank faster, a bigger tank, won't make them louder either, justr allow you to longer bursts.

They call their horns "Triple Chrome Real Train Horn" ...interesting, I have never seen a set of chrome ABS plastic horns on a train in my life...:dunno:

Those horns realistically on an RTA, would be in the 144db-148db, loud...YES but no where near what they claim, 175db would break things, literally......

Not doggin' you Dune, but that site is not very honest about their product specs, I would buy from someone who is.....:thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
I buy from a local company...but I saw there stuff and thought 175Db was sick! I guess I'll do some more research on it then, lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the in put, I guess I'm digging a little deeper Nathans are the way to go. Where do I look for this horn?? give me a web sight, I have no idea. Man I was looking at this sight -hornblasters.com- kinda funny stuff but.:thumb: Raul said: You gotta have the Nathans for the train horn sound.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I got a set of Leslies' on ebay... Ebay is a decent place to look, you just have to keep your eye open for a good deal! Don't buy the generic stuff on ebay though, I bought horns from ebay, Leslie RS3L, and my air setup from suicidedoors.com. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol.....:hehe:........And I thought I was a loose cannon.:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts