Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what would be the best most affordable and productive exhaust to get for my 2000 psd... any thoughts comments let me know thinking about changing what i got right now it is piped in front of the tire with a 5 in tip

·
Registered
652 Posts
Stright pipe. Pipe is pipe so you dont have to go expensive. I got my diamond eye 4 in tb on ebay 275 shipped

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
If you live up North or where they salt the roads you want a SS system. But to be honest the restriction in the factory system isn't the size of the plumbing it is in the muffler they selected. They took a 3.5" exhaust and necked it down to 2.5" to put it through a offset muffler which caused further restriction. Backpressure is good in a gasser but not in a diesel. I would just replace it with a straight shot 3.5" Walker BTM muffler, these can be had at Napa for $40. I would also change your plumbing to exit behind the rear tire.

NCH

·
Registered
865 Posts
I just got a 4 inch Magnaflow, 4 inch dp, SS, freeflow muffler, exits behind rear tire, 6 inch tip. All for about 320 and I'm happy with it

And my dad has an 01 which he put the same system on, not to mention he had the same setup on his 99

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
farmboys:thumb:
or Summitracing brand best bang for the buck if you must upgrade to a 4".

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts