Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first bought my 6.0, it had stock turbo and injectors. It had Innovative Xtreme X and Race tunes. I didn't really like the tunes as they shifted hard and didn't feel right all around. Since then, I've tried almost every other tune out there. Also since then, IDP has changed their tunes and now offers a Performance + TH tune, which locks the converter in 3rd when in tow/haul.

I was wondering if anyone has any recent IDP tunes and how you like them, specifically the TH one. I just figured it couldn't hurt to give them a second chance.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,245 Posts
there canned tunes that came on an X3 i had with my 6.0 were ok. they probably have decent custom tunes these days given how long the 6.0 has been out.

fwiw; my favorites 6.0 tunes were quick tricks and wpe diesel.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have some newer ID tunes running the Ult-X as my daily, It's night and day difference from some older ID tunes on one of my other trucks.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I would also reach out to gearhead automotive. They are an older company like Innovative but had good tunes. Tuners seem to have good and bad seasons depending on staffing it appears.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would also reach out to gearhead automotive. They are an older company like Innovative but had good tunes. Tuners seem to have good and bad seasons depending on staffing it appears.
I've tried gearhead before and loved them. However, they never got back to me and my truck had a cel for egr. Can't be dealing with a constant cel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts