Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the forum for all of the advice/info that you've put togethere here.

I JUST got my first diesel (1996 F-250) and this morning I made a rookie mistake. :doh: I was cruising down Hwy 281 in San Antonio and she started sputtering and blowing white smoke - I didn't seek out a gas station with Diesel fuel until it was too late. It's amazing how few there are when you need one...
I coasted over to the shoulder, whipped out the handy iPhone and got on Powerstroke.org. While my girlfriend was on the way with a can of diesel, I had her stop by autozone and pick up a can of WD-40 instead of starter fluid - a tip I found on the org.
When she got there , I put 5 gallons in the back tank, and had my girlfriend crank while I sprayed. After keeping it running on WD-40 for about 20 seconds I stopped spraying and she was idling just fine!
I had been freaking out because I didn't know that letting a diesel run out of fuel was such of a pain in the a$$ - after the WD-40 advice, I calmed down. I never would have thought of it on my own

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Glad you got it back and going with minimal troubles...:thumb:

and I'll bet you don't let it run out again anytime soon. :nod:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts