Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say thanks to everybody that posts on this forum, I just had gas isuess because of parking on a hill so I was able to sort it out by searching on here. So I just bought this truck and its my first diessel and it has 200k miles so I was wondering what types of things yall would recomend that I change or replace or flush??? thanks again

·
Tennessee Powerstrokes
2,830 Posts
Just want to say thanks to everybody that posts on this forum, I just had gas isuess because of parking on a hill so I was able to sort it out by searching on here. So I just bought this truck and its my first diessel and it has 200k miles so I was wondering what types of things yall would recomend that I change or replace or flush??? thanks again

Hey Ryan Welcome to the Addiction um I mean Org! I would change the oil and fuel filters and check the air filter, then I would pull the dipstick on the trans and look at the color of the fluid and if it looks dirty see about a trans flush but if it is clean i would hold of a bit on the flush. Look it over good for oil leaks and such then drive it like you stole it.:thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks I will do those things, the tranny fluid is nice and red still and does not smell burnt, I checked that before I bought it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the same boat, just bought my first diesel, but a have a question about switching from petro oil to syn. Do I have to do any flushing process after draining the old dino-oil but before adding the synthetic? I've read somewhere that a considerable amount of oil is still in the engine oil cooler, or is that just not a problem?

TIA

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
You should be fine to just change. There is some left over im pretty sure but after a few changes its completely changed.

·
Tennessee Powerstrokes
2,830 Posts
You should be fine to just change. There is some left over im pretty sure but after a few changes its completely changed.

X2 There is not enough left to conaminate the new oil and like the above poser said after two or three changes it will be cleaned completely out. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts