Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is prob a retarded question but what the heck does TFT stand for on the spartan tuner DD and what are yalls TFT running on the 210 tune....

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's transmission fluid temperature.... When towing I've seen mine as high as 210, but can't remember what it normally runs...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
It's transmission fluid temperature.... When towing I've seen mine as high as 210, but can't remember what it normally runs...
I've seen almost 220 last weekend while driving on the beach. Normally I'm at 165-175

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine runs 180-195....really doesn't matter which tune is loaded for me anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
If you are driving without the torque converter locked (like on the beach, or pulling a heavy trailer slowly) it will heat the fluid up way more than cruising down the highway. 220 is a little hotter than I really want to see it, personally. I have my alarm set at 220. On a hot day (any day in south texas) my temp runs about 180-190.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
If you are driving without the torque converter locked (like on the beach, or pulling a heavy trailer slowly) it will heat the fluid up way more than cruising down the highway. 220 is a little hotter than I really want to see it, personally. I have my alarm set at 220. On a hot day (any day in south texas) my temp runs about 180-190.
thats what my alarm is set at as well but there really wasn't much I could do about it since I needed to get where I was going.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Mine hangs around 170 to 180 ish. Have seen it just over 200 pullin the boat.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks i was just making sure i was about 175 last night just after driving for a little while and thought something may have been up...is there like a website or somewhere to go to understand what all these abbreviations are.......

·
Registered
856 Posts
thanks i was just making sure i was about 175 last night just after driving for a little while and thought something may have been up...is there like a website or somewhere to go to understand what all these abbreviations are.......
When you click on the gauge, then click on "assign signal", it gives you "transmission fluid temp", "coolant flood temp", "exhaust gas temp"......etc. It is only abbreviated on the actual gauges. No abbreviations when assigning signals(picking out which gauges you want to run).

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
165-180 for me, and it's never been hotter....I don't pull anything though

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've seen almost 220 last weekend while driving on the beach. Normally I'm at 165-175
I logged mine on the way home from work, which is about a 30 minute drive. the highest it recorded was 166, outside temp around 100. If it's getting that hot and your not towing anything then I would say you may have a problem. Or maybe you were just pushing your tuck hard??????

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Even running my truck hard I have never seen above 180, and I run mine hard a good bit. I don't have anything related to a light foot

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I logged mine on the way home from work, which is about a 30 minute drive. the highest it recorded was 166, outside temp around 100. If it's getting that hot and your not towing anything then I would say you may have a problem. Or maybe you were just pushing your tuck hard??????

Well I was driving on the beach in the OBX in NC driving about 25-30mph the only reason they got hot was due to my driving on the beach at that speed LOL . I've changed my fluid already when I replace my direct solenoid with the SCD direct solenoid. And truck being so heavy especially with it not have been raining there lately till after I got there the sand was real soft. Not too concerned about it since it was only for a few minutes but as soon as I stopped and parked temps dropped of course and also when I left the beach to drive home the temps dropped back down to normal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts