Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright ladies and gentlemen we are almost there......let me know what you think of this rough draft of the Lonestar Powerstrokes' bylaws.....tell me if you want something changed or give me some more ideas if I missed anything, thanks!!! :tex:

Texas Chapter Bylaws

I. Primary

Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter bylaws may not contradict the local chapter bylaws provided by Powerstroke.org. Bylaws contained herein are in addition to those provided by Powerstroke.org.

II. Membership

Local chapter membership is open to any Ford Powerstroke enthusiast residing in the state of Texas. Chapter functions may be attended by any Powerstroke.org member, but only Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter members may vote on any matters pertaining to the Texas chapter. Lonestar Powerstrokes logo must be located on the vehicle, location is up to the owner. Members must attend at least 25% of the Lonestar Powerstrokes’ events.

II.A. Military

To our members in the armed military forces we realize there maybe several individuals who own PSDs and are from Texas but are currently on tour and/or stationed overseas. Lonestar Powerstrokes will exempt you from membership requirements. All the Lonestar Powerstrokes will require is for the individual to attend the next possible event so every member can give their thanks for their service.

III. Chapter Events

All chapter events will be announced on Powerstroke.org, and in the Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter section. Any announced Texas event which draws 25% or more of Texas chapter members will be considered a qualifying event for maintenance of chapter qualification. Examples of chapter events include, but are not limited to, track meets, camping trips, picnics and wrench meets. Powerstroke.org national events such as the Southern Smoke Show and/or Diesel in the Desert can be considered a chapter event as long as 50% of the Lonestar Powerstrokes members are in attendance.

IV. Chapter Decision Making

Any decision made by Lonestar Powerstrokes will be handled by Lonestar Powerstrokes officers. Officers will first address Powerstroke.org administration. Once administration has approved, officers will turn to members to vote in the form of polls post on Powerstroke.org for all members to view. Any decision must have at least two-thirds vote from Lonestar Powerstroke members before it is confirmed. In the event of a tie or split, another poll will begin in which two-thirds of members must vote in the majority otherwise the matter with be handled by Lonestar Powerstrokes officers and Powerstroke.org administration with the best interest of Lonestar Powerstrokes in mind.

V. Sub Chapters

Considering the amount of possible members in the Texas chapter, sub-chapters among the Lonestar Powerstrokes maybe required. At this point in time, Lonestar Powerstrokes does not recognize the requisite of sub chapters. However, when members initiate concern and desire for sub chapters the issue will be addressed and a set of by-laws will be drafted for each sub chapter that will follow the by-laws of the Texas Chapter and Powerstroke.org.

VI. Removal From Chapter Membership Roles

A member may be removed from chapter membership at any time, at the written request of the member. A member may be involuntarily removed by a two-thirds majority of voting members. A vote for removal will be posted and left open for no less than 14 calendar days. Grounds for removal include consistently rude or obnoxious behavior toward other chapter members, or any actions which bring discredit to the chapter or Powerstroke.org.

VII. Removal from Office

Elected board members may be removed from office by a two-thirds majority of voting members. A vote for removal will be posted and left open for no less than 14 calendar days. Grounds for removal include failure to perform the duties of the office, or any actions which bring discredit to the chapter or Powerstroke.org

VIII. Amendment of these Chapter Bylaws

These chapter bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds majority of voting members. Means of casting and validating votes to be determined).

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
I see you didnt like any of my suggestions...............
is it because of the coolant smell?
I took a bath.....i think.

Anyway, I think having 25% attendence for an event may be tough, we didnt have that many here in DFW this month.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Oklahoma By-Laws??? :wink[3]::rofl:

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, i thought i was reading the Oklahoma By-laws there for a second! :lol:
Yeah I may have "taken" some ideas from there :haha:

I see you didnt like any of my suggestions...............
is it because of the coolant smell?
I took a bath.....i think.

Anyway, I think having 25% attendence for an event may be tough, we didnt have that many here in DFW this month.
Hahahaha....actually I worked off your list to tell the truth.....I think if we did the coolant thing that would knock out 40% of the members :hehe:......I was thinking about the 25% being a little high too.....but then again just because we have soooo many members on the org from Texas doesn't make them a member of LPS....like you said you have to pay your dues, so I was thinking counting it as 25% of the "actual" LPS members.....what do you guys think? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Yeah I may have "taken" some ideas from there :haha:

Hahahaha....actually I worked off your list to tell the truth.....I think if we did the coolant thing that would knock out 40% of the members :hehe:......I was thinking about the 25% being a little high too.....but then again just because we have soooo many members on the org from Texas doesn't make them a member of LPS....like you said you have to pay your dues, so I was thinking counting it as 25% of the "actual" LPS members.....what do you guys think? :dunno:

25% of LPS members is a better average.

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
JUST ADDING THIS BECAUSE I KNOW IN MY FIRE DEPT BYLAWS THE WORDING IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT DUNNO OF THIS WAS NOTICED AND TAKEN CARE OF BUT ITS JUST ME
MY OPINION IS IN RED

Alright ladies and gentlemen we are almost there......let me know what you think of this rough draft of the Lonestar Powerstrokes' bylaws.....tell me if you want something changed or give me some more ideas if I missed anything, thanks!!! :tex:

Texas Chapter Bylaws

I. Primary

Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter bylaws may not contradict the local chapter bylaws provided by Powerstroke.org. Bylaws contained herein are in addition to those provided by Powerstroke.org.

II. Membership

Local chapter membership is open to any Ford Powerstroke enthusiast residing in the state of Texas. Chapter functions may be attended by any Powerstroke.org member, but only Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter members may vote on any matters pertaining to the Texas chapter. Lonestar Powerstrokes logo must be located ON THE vehicle, location is up to the owner. Members must attend at least 25% of the Lonestar Powerstrokes’ events.

III. Chapter Events

All chapter events will be announced on Powerstroke.org, and in the Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter section. Any announced Texas event which draws 25% or more of Texas chapter members will be considered a qualifying event for maintenance of chapter qualification. Examples of chapter events include, but are not limited to, track meets, camping trips, picnics and wrench meets. Powerstroke.org national events such as the Southern Smoke Show and/or Diesel in the Desert can be considered a chapter event as long as 50% of the Lonestar Powerstrokes members are in attendance.

IV. Chapter Decision Making

Any decision made by Lonestar Powerstrokes will be handled by Lonestar Powerstrokes officers. Officers will first address Powerstroke.org administration. Once administration has approved, officers will turn to members to vote in the form of polls post on Powerstroke.org for all members to view. Any decision must have at least two-thirds vote from Lonestar Powerstroke members before it is confirmed. In the event of a tie or split, another poll will begin in which two-thirds of members must vote in the majority otherwise the matter with be handled by Lonestar Powerstrokes officers and Powerstroke.org administration with the best interest of Lonestar Powerstrokes in mind.

V. Sub Chapters

Considering the amount of possible members in the Texas chapter, sub-chapters among the Lonestar Powerstrokes maybe required. At this point in time, Lonestar Powerstrokes does not recognize the requisite of sub chapters. However, when members initiate concern and desire for sub chapters the issue will be addressed and a set of by-laws will be drafted for each sub chapter that will follow the by-laws of the Texas Chapter and Powerstroke.org.

VI. Removal From Chapter Membership Roles

A member may be removed from chapter membership at any time, at the written request of the member. A member may be involuntarily removed by a two-thirds majority of voting members. A vote for removal will be posted and left open for no less than 14 calendar days. Grounds for removal include consistently rude or obnoxious behavior toward other chapter members, or any actions which bring discredit to the chapter or Powerstroke.org.

VII. Removal from Office

Elected board members may be removed from office by a two-thirds majority of voting members. A vote for removal will be posted and left open for no less than 14 calendar days. Grounds for removal include failure to perform the duties of the office, or any actions which bring discredit to the chapter or Powerstroke.org

VIII. Amendment of these Chapter Bylaws

These chapter bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds majority of voting members. Means of casting and validating votes to be determined).

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats kool all the way...just messin with ya.:wink[3]:

That tells me that we done good i guess.
I like some of your ideas too and may have to amend ours.:thumb:
Take what you need man :icon_ford:

JUST ADDING THIS BECAUSE I KNOW IN MY FIRE DEPT BYLAWS THE WORDING IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT DUNNO OF THIS WAS NOTICED AND TAKEN CARE OF BUT ITS JUST ME
MY OPINION IS IN RED
Sounds good to me,....I can change that

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
I never saw this addressed in the by-laws. Is there a two drink minimum? And does the last person who shows up for the event have to spring for beer? Hey, these are important questions that need to be answered. :)
Craig

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
them by-laws look pretty good to me too....

How much are the member dues gonna be?? also, are they due yearly??

probably some silly questions but ive always been told the silliest questions are the ones not asked

·
She's paid for!!!!!!
661 Posts
Looks good to me, but how about a provision in chapter 2 in respect to our military members that are from Texas but are currently stationed elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I never saw this addressed in the by-laws. Is there a two drink minimum? And does the last person who shows up for the event have to spring for beer? Hey, these are important questions that need to be answered. :)
Craig
:hehe::hehe:....at least one beer per hour of event.....byob, cuz some people can't stomach natty :tard:
them by-laws look pretty good to me too....

How much are the member dues gonna be?? also, are they due yearly??

probably some silly questions but ive always been told the silliest questions are the ones not asked
Well there isn't going to be any money involved......but I have been toying with the idea that only premium member can be members, which means that you would have to pay for the premium membership on the org......but I think that conflicts with the Org by-laws :nod:

Looks good to me, but how about a provision in chapter 2 in respect to our military members that are from Texas but are currently stationed elsewhere?
Well we came to the agreement that anyone is welcome to any of our events as long as they are good people. Our military member that are stationed over seas but have a house, apartment, etc....still in Texas can become a member.....or as I write this some guys in the military may not have a house anywhere and are still over seas, but then again that would conflict with attending at least 25% of our events,........so guys what do you think about Heavy Hauler's request??? Should we write something for the military over seas?? :dunno: I'd be more than happy to do it

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
i think so i mean when you in the reserves and you get deployed your work is supposed to keep your job so i dont see why not

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.