Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a *17 hpop for my early 99, and i was wondering if there is a way to test the pump out of the truck, id like to know if its bad before i put it in. or anything i should look for then i get it? just a thought

·
Registered
585 Posts
not really..... you can put it in and then run some test on it to see if the ICP and Dutycycle is good.....although that takes a scanner of some sort.....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know where i can get everything i need to do the switch. gaskets, orings? thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
get everything at Ford.... little spendy but good stuff....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do i actually need? do you think they would be able to tell me everything i need to swap that? any idea on prices? thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
you will need the HPOP front gasket that goes between the HPOP and front cover.... th part number is F6TZ9417AA and it was $16.....
this is a MUST but the rest of these you may not need....

I had to get the orings that go in the the 4 fuel lines on the fuel bowl.... they are square cut and it is best to get them at Ford.....part # F81Z9C387BA and those were $18..... you will only need 4 but you will get 6 becasue there are 2 for the head connections (dont worry about those).....

you may need some new orings for the hpop lines.... dont know the part number and didnt need them so I dont know the prices.....

last you may need the gasket that goes between the HPOP reservoir and front cover.... it is basically a oring.... mine was ok so I didnt worry about it....if you have to replace this gasket, read this first....Important HPOP gasket information - Powerstroke Nation good info so it doesnt happen to you, the RIGHT part # is at the bottom of the page.....

I took my reservoir off WITH the fuel bowl still attached and I didnt take the filter out of the bowl (but I did drain it) because my filter was almost new.....
If need any help that way let me know....

~Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts