Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the truck is an 04 cc/sb 4x4 xlt auto with 111,000 miles... all stock, except for a bully dog intake does not have arp's no signs of a chip or gauges.. the truck has a ton of power but seems very lagy.. if you punch it from any speed it doesnt snap at all, seems like turbo lag but very extreme, alot more than my 7.3.. once it gets going it pulls like a raped ape and shifts smooth. doesnt smoke at all. any ideas on what this could be? it also has white residue on the coolant bottle, im assuming its old because i beat the hell outta it for a half hour and it ran the same and didnt over heat or over flow any coolant. im assuming this was from a past egr problem? any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i no the 6.0 does have a lot of turbo lag comepaired to the 7.3 witch really has no lag what so ever. so its prob just the normal turbo lag that the 6.0 has.. i no a lot of people said that if you take the muffler and cat out of the stock exhaust or get a aftermarket exhaust teh lag will go way some. well i just took my cat and muffler off and it did take away like half of my turbo lag so im pretty pumped on that

·
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters
2,447 Posts
I would definitely get an oasis report on it and that would tell you what caused the residue around the degas cap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts