Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering which HPOP pump to get. I have a 2000 7.3 with gtp38 garret turbo, 110 hp superchips programmer, S&B intake, banks power elbow off the turbo, and 4" straight pipe. My HPOP leaks small amounts of oil here and there and my truck seems slower than it did a year back. Could my pump be wearing out? my truck has 365 thousand miles on it. Initially I was worried about compression being an issue but I checked it and all my cylinders are shooting 400 psi. Any ideas?

Thanks,
eddie

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Hook up a scanner and see where your ICP pressure is. With a stock turbo and sticks, I would go for whatever HPOP was less expensive, either one is great and will supply all the oil you need.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i would get rid of the superchips programer and get custom tunes first if i were u, then hpop next depending on what kind of presure your current pump is holding.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
^ +1 ditch the supercrips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input guys. what are some good tuners to look into and what are the benefits? Why isn't the superchips good? Also, where can I get a scanner to have my hpop pressure checked?

thanks,
eddie

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Tony Wildman, swamps, beans etc.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys. what are some good tuners to look into and what are the benefits? Why isn't the superchips good? Also, where can I get a scanner to have my hpop pressure checked?

thanks,
eddie
I second that. I have superchips flashpaq-why so bad?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Superchips doesn't do anything for the transmission (or if it does, it trashes them like the Edge will), and they are canned tunes that aren't optimized for your truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a manual transmission so no problems in that department. Im going to start with checking if my hpop is good or bad. Im just not sure how yet.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
you have to get a gauge in on your HPOP and that will tell you if itd good or bad. not sure how to do that tho

Reactions: Oldironfixer65

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
if you do end up replacing the HPOP i highly recommend the T500. i love mine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How about the high pressure lines. Will stock lines work or hinder these brands? Is there a bigger line available and are they worth the money? How about adding a High Pressure Oil Crossover Line?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
The stealth recommends you remove the cross over, no larger of a line required just swap the pump

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
With a weak hpop yes, I've heard most say it was a waist of $70 and that no real gain was ataned from it, I can't speak to much just recommendations and speculations from people who have bought it, I have not purchased it because of the lack of gain

·
Registered
371 Posts
Why remove cross over line? I hear they make a big difference? Smother idle
I recently picked up a used one. No difference on noise but it does run smoother. I payed $20 bucks for mine. It didn't make a big make a difference, it is quite subtle.
I think this sums up the advantage pretty good.
http://www.tpdiesel.com/hpx-info

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Are you throwing a CEL for lo/high HPO? If not then you do NOT NEED a HPOP.

I recommend the T500 if you do

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
:look: Anybody else take a breath when 85_305 popped up in the first page?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts