Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the tensioner and belt on my F350. What after market tensioner and belt is everyone using. I have always liked goodyear gatorbacks, are they good for these truck? Also where should I go buy a new tensioner, the dealer want $140 for one, but O'reilly's has one for $87. I have other options available, Autozone, NAPA, Advance, PepBoys... What are you guys running? Thanks!

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
I went with the napa belt and napa tensioner and idler pulley. Napa makes good stuff that lasts. Get the new upper rad hose that routes around the belt intstead of through the belt, sooo much easier to change the belt next time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do I ask for on the hose?

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
Just the revised hose that goes around the belt, have them bring both out to you, the one with the 90 degree or so bend in it is the one you want

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is the one for the dual alternator setups. That is what you tell them when they look it up for you. I have had it for years and like he said above, makes it a whole lot easier to change the belt in the future.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Anyone else running a NAPA tensioner?

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
I did all the removable pullies, cheap insurance, 120 bucks and i did the tensioner and idler, I have always replaced the tensioner on every vehicle I have changed a belt on. I am glad I did it this time, the idler had grease coming out of it and the pullies on the tensioner were making grinding noises when you spun them by hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts