Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tennessee and Alabama chapters get together

4577 Views 77 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Goose350
How about ideas for a joint Tennessee and Alabama chapters get together,

What kinda activities do we want?
Family activities, State park/ Campground, Lake/River, Mountains, diesel shop/dyno, drag strip/ sled pull

Seems like for a lot of us money is a bit of an issue so we may want to keep it cheap as possible so that more can come.

I figure if we can throw out a lot of different ideas then decide what we want to do then we can decide where and when.

So let’s start throwing ideas out;

Here is the some post in the TN forum;
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/te...labama-chapters-get-together.html#post1300147
61 - 78 of 78 Posts
What is the area code to all the numbers in the contact info? 425-6107 is the number but I need the area code.
What is the area code to all the numbers in the contact info? 425-6107 is the number but I need the area code.

Is this a TNP Member? If so what is the screen name. I am glad to catch you on too. We have a new sticker printer guy and he needs permission to sharpen up the Dixie Strokers Logo. I told him th3 layout is fixed, but he needs to work on the fonts and stuff.
Is this a TNP Member? If so what is the screen name. I am glad to catch you on too. We have a new sticker printer guy and he needs permission to sharpen up the Dixie Strokers Logo. I told him th3 layout is fixed, but he needs to work on the fonts and stuff.
That is a number to Jimmy Carter (someone with the Lincoln county fair) and I just got off the phone with Robbie
That is a number to Jimmy Carter (someone with the Lincoln county fair) and I just got off the phone with Robbie
It should be 931.:thumb:
It should be 931.:thumb:
Thank you. That was it. Mr. Carter didnt answer though. I am asking id dogs are allowed at the fair.
Glad to be of assistance! It feels good to be out from under the black cloud. I am looking forward to meeting my fellow Dixie Strokers and the sticker printer is AWESOME you/we will not be disappointed.
Glad to be of assistance! It feels good to be out from under the black cloud. I am looking forward to meeting my fellow Dixie Strokers and the sticker printer is AWESOME you/we will not be disappointed.
Sound like he is pretty good. He is supposed to give me a call later on.
I got to figure out who to call to get the details on the tractor show Sat.
I got to figure out who to call to get the details on the tractor show Sat.
Looks like they move the tractor show too Tuesday. Sorry

Lincoln County Fair - Linoln County Tennessee
try that number I posted
What do ya'll think about doin a Jack Daniels tour Saturday
I’ve done the tour several times and it is definitely worth doing (its free) for anyone who hasn’t. Especially if you get the old guy with the big belly and the gray beard.

I’m planning to go to the tractor show Saturday whatever time it is. Other than that I’m open, I had hoped to spend Sat evening sitting around the campground socializing and looking at each others trucks.
Here is the fair schedule for that Saturday;
Saturday, September 19
ARMBAND DAY, ALL YOU CAN RIDE FOR $20 - 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
4-H and FFA Wool on Parade - 11:00 am
4-H Fun with Fashion; Clover Style Show - 11:00 am
Harness Races - 1:00 pm
Antique Tractor Presentation - During Harness Races
Draft Horse Show & Mule Show - Following Harness Races
State Make-It-With-Wool - 2:00 pm
4-Wheel Drive Mud Racing - 7:00 p.m.

Apparently there isn’t going to be a tractor show Saturday so we changed our plans and now are going to leave the tractors at home. I’m going to be laid up with my bum foot so I might just hang around the campground most of the day. I got no idea what everyone else wants to do Saturday, all I know is the pulls Friday night and the cookout/socialization Saturday evening/night.

Here is a link to the campground location;
We also need to make sure everyone understands that the campground is 35 miles and 50 minutes from Fayetteville and the fairgrounds.

Here is the post where it was decided;
I am posting for Robbie because he deserves the credit for this..................

We will be staying at the Fairview campgrounds. The campground is right on the water and much nicer than Tims Ford and the will let us make reservations a week out. PM Robbie if you are gonna' camp so he has an acurate count to reserve.

coope3 has offered his place for a emergency Plan B He has room and he can provide water and elcetriity via hose pipes and extention cords.

Has anyone made reservations yet???
Do we need to get moving on this or can we all just show up Friday night??
See less See more
Here is the fair schedule for that Saturday;
Saturday, September 19
ARMBAND DAY, ALL YOU CAN RIDE FOR $20 - 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
4-H and FFA Wool on Parade - 11:00 am
4-H Fun with Fashion; Clover Style Show - 11:00 am
Harness Races - 1:00 pm
Antique Tractor Presentation - During Harness Races
Draft Horse Show & Mule Show - Following Harness Races
State Make-It-With-Wool - 2:00 pm
4-Wheel Drive Mud Racing - 7:00 p.m.

Apparently there isn’t going to be a tractor show Saturday so we changed our plans and now are going to leave the tractors at home. I’m going to be laid up with my bum foot so I might just hang around the campground most of the day. I got no idea what everyone else wants to do Saturday, all I know is the pulls Friday night and the cookout/socialization Saturday evening/night.

Here is a link to the campground location;

Here is the post where it was decided;

Has anyone made reservations yet???
Do we need to get moving on this or can we all just show up Friday night??

Robbie and I will be heading out about 8 or 8:30 Friday. We will get spots for everyone that has rsvped to him, so no worries.
All I need is a parking spot. I plan to get there around dinner Saturday or a little before. I still have to wrap up my gauge install with a windshield. With my luck I'm probably going to need a cab by the time I'm done. What do I need to bring? drinks, food, what? I don't drink but I'll even bring beer if it make someone happy.
All I need is a parking spot. I plan to get there around dinner Saturday or a little before. I still have to wrap up my gauge install with a windshield. With my luck I'm probably going to need a cab by the time I'm done. What do I need to bring? drinks, food, what? I don't drink but I'll even bring beer if it make someone happy.
Just grab a carton of Cokes. I am sure there will be way more than enough to go around
Here is the link to some of the pictures I took at the g2g

Joint G2G pictures by Goose350 - Photobucket
61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.