Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i pull up to get some fuel and ask the attendant for 65 dollars. he starts pumping and i get done and turn the truck on and see that i went from a quarter tank to full an was kind of suprised but thought nothing of it. as i go home i would take a turn and then ease on the accelerator and it wouldnt go above 15 unless i smashed it and it would buck and take off like i had boosted up to like 50 PSI or something which is NOT possible in my truck (i wish). this happened the whole way home and i go to smell the gas in my truck and my dads 04 powerstroke and its totally different. dad goes to the station and checks and the guy put UNLEADED GASOLINE in for me. no wonder 65 got me so much.

now i gotta take it to the shop a mile from my house, probably get it towed to the other shop, syphon out the mixed fuel, new gas lines and everything and their tellin me i might even need new injectors. they said 2-400 dollars. that has gotta be more than that right?

i did pull up and just say 65 dollars but not ask for diesel, but like the trucks got a nice powerstroke logo on it, whistles and barks on the way up. dont you think if you pump gas that you would realize "hey! this isnt a gas truck!" so how bad off you guys think i am?

jake

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
well... you might of hit it right on the head.. you might have to get new injectors... but don't run it untill it all is drained... and sorry to hear about your luck.... I would see what the gas station would say about what happened... hope all turns out alright..

·
Registered
553 Posts
think you need to go back and school the guy about trucks with spark plugs and trucks with out. and the different pumps ...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Man I don't know. You might get lucky.

Well good luck to ya.:thumb:

·
4,488 Posts
To late now, fill it with diesel and drive it.
I accidentaly put half a tank of gas in mine, took it home syphoned it out, filled it with diesel and drove it. That was a hundred thousand miles ago.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I catch myself starting to put diesel in a gasser if i havent drove one in a while and gas in a diesel if i drive a gas for a while. You would be surprised how many people wouldnt know a diesel from a gasser. He should have asked what you wanted in the truck i would have thought.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would just suggest pumping your own fuel... probably wouldnt have that problem!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I would drop the tank, clean it out, put it back in the truck. Then replace the fuel filter, then I would fill the truck with new fresh diesel. Then see how it runs. This would cost you far less then taking it to a shop. It also would only cost you about 30 bucks for the new filter, and then the cost of diesel.

Although you maybe able to get the gas station to cover the damages being it was a full service station.

You would be surprized that your truck may be just fine. Also you would be surprized at how many times i dealt with this while in the military. I can say this alot of times.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
i didnt know they still had full service anymore lol. sorry to hear that. hope everythings ok. go back to the station with your repair bill.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I didnt know full service was still around either. I agree, I would drain the tank, change the filters and try it.
It cant hurt it any worse can it?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
i didnt know they still had full service anymore lol. sorry to hear that. hope everythings ok. go back to the station with your repair bill.
In some states they have laws that require the stations to be full service. I remember when I was in Oregon all the stations were full service. The states require this because there are not that many jobs for teenagers.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I didnt know full service was still around either. I agree, I would drain the tank, change the filters and try it.
It cant hurt it any worse can it?
If there is already severe damage no it can not hurt it any more.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its not messed up bad yet. your sayin try that as a last resort sorta deal?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,885 Posts
I think the station owner owes you a complimentary repair bill.

·
Banned
733 Posts
In Oregon, they are required to pump fuel for you. On a Thanksgiving trip, I stopped the attendant from starting the gas pump when I asked to fill it with diesel.
Glad I was watching.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
its not messed up bad yet. your sayin try that as a last resort sorta deal?
Try what I stated in my first posting here. Drop the tank clean it out and put it back in then change the fuel filter and then fill it up with diesel. After the system is bled out and the truck is running on diesel. You may find out that your truck is tougher then you think.

If that does not work then take the repair bill to the station you filled up at.

G

·
First off

I'd make them pay for it and all you have to do is pump your tank out and put diesel in it. Start it and drive it. After a lil driving it will clear out. No need for injectors.

G

·
Ha

In some states they have laws that require the stations to be full service. I remember when I was in Oregon all the stations were full service. The states require this because there are not that many jobs for teenagers.
Thanks BC. I knew NJ was a no pumps state. Now I have 2 states i'll never go to.

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
today i pull up to get some fuel and ask the attendant for 65 dollars. he starts pumping and i get done and turn the truck on and see that i went from a quarter tank to full an was kind of suprised but thought nothing of it. as i go home i would take a turn and then ease on the accelerator and it wouldnt go above 15 unless i smashed it and it would buck and take off like i had boosted up to like 50 PSI or something which is NOT possible in my truck (i wish). this happened the whole way home and i go to smell the gas in my truck and my dads 04 powerstroke and its totally different. dad goes to the station and checks and the guy put UNLEADED GASOLINE in for me. no wonder 65 got me so much.

now i gotta take it to the shop a mile from my house, probably get it towed to the other shop, syphon out the mixed fuel, new gas lines and everything and their tellin me i might even need new injectors. they said 2-400 dollars. that has gotta be more than that right?

i did pull up and just say 65 dollars but not ask for diesel, but like the trucks got a nice powerstroke logo on it, whistles and barks on the way up. dont you think if you pump gas that you would realize "hey! this isnt a gas truck!" so how bad off you guys think i am?

jake
I would drop the tank, drain it, clean it, unhook the fuel line from the back of the engine and flush them. Drain the fuel bowl, change the filter. Pour a bottle of power service diesel treatment in the tank, fill it up and drive it. The only gas running through the system will be what is in the heads and injectors. You should be okay.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts