Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 f250 as outlined in my sig. I have been running the spartan archive tunes for a while and enjoy them. I have not run any other tunes to date. I started with the gen street then progressed to the agressive street and settled on the hybrid race file. I know that matt cannot tweak the tunes and I was looking for some new tunes. The things I like so far about the spartan tunes seem to be the throttle response and the truck will pull thru the gears hard till you let out. I like the fueling it is a bit heavy... I am more curious though as to who's tunes I would like to run next. I have given it a lot of thought and eric at I'd has a good rep and a lot of people reccomend them as I have just from the amount of good I hear about them. The tuner I hear a lot of mixed reviews about but sounds to be closest to my current tunes is rcd. I have spoke with them once and talked about a few tunes they have. I also hear a lot of stuff about bts and cale doing great tunes. who has run the spartan tunes and gone to either rcd, I'd or bts tunes and how do they stack up? I know there are a lot of other guys doing sct tuning currently but these three are the main ones I'm interested in. At some point I'm going to attempt to get the looney tune from dj but I'm guessing from what I have heard that will take me a while to get it. Any opinions are welcomed and thanked

·
Registered
104 Posts
im running IDP's extreme street now... don't have experience with anyone else's though. all i can say is every tune i've had from them is awesome. i'm loving the extreme street atm

·
Registered
663 Posts
I was running Spartan Hybrid Race and the Ultra Comp and they don't even compare to my custom tune from Cale. I run his 140 tune everyday and love it, I am however going to try out Eric's X-race tune here soon!

-French

·
Registered
591 Posts
I was running Spartan Hybrid Race and the Ultra Comp and they don't even compare to my custom tune from Cale. I run his 140 tune everyday and love it, I am however going to try out Eric's X-race tune here soon!

-French
I have Cale's 140 tune and love it aswell. Lots of power and not to much smoke.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I had Cales Extreme 140 and i have Innovatives Extreme race Head Stud tune...

Innovatives runs hotter (EGTS) 1550F or so...but has more low end and midrange/ Smoke is plenty
Cales never gets above 1300F and i feel is a lil better top end/ Verly lil smoke
MPGS are compairable...

Cales are alot cheaper as well... Cant go wrong with either

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Here's my go-fast tune, push the pedal to the floor

Economy tune, drive like a 90 yr old gramma

drive thru tune - "No i can't shut it off can I just pull forward?" :lol2:

·
Registered
425 Posts
i have ran all the big tunes from spartan , elite and ID (eric) i love the way the ultra comp took off from a stop . but eric's x race is better all around . i really didnt like the insanity tune. JMO was also thinking about the RCD tune? have dynoed all of them and the x race made the most power

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have Rcd tuning and love it. I have a hot street, tow/ turbo brake, hot race locked tc. The street is perfect for every day driving and is very easy to get used to. The race is unreal, tc lock up is awesome and every tune I have from them shifts amazing! Worth trying out for yourself

·
Registered
425 Posts
mike have u ran id tunes? how much hp is the race tune? not worth it too me if it doesnt make more power than the id race tune. i have a bunch of tunes that i dont use

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Ive ran alot ppl's tunes. Dj, Matt, Eric's, Evan everyone has there differences. Only havent ran Elite and Cale tunes yet.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have Cale's 140 tune and love it aswell. Lots of power and not to much smoke.
+1

I run Cale's 140 tune everyday and its great. I can manage 22-23mpg on the highway around 65mph, will shred the tires on demand, and doesnt billow black smoke at take off.

BUT, I have not ran any other tunes to compare it to, i'm sure you'll be pleased with any of the big names in tuning...

·
Registered
425 Posts
rescue which tune was the fastest? most hp and tq?u think the looney tune is faster than the xtreme race from eric?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have and tried alot of different tunes and tuners and Eric's Extreme Race walks away from anything else. Elite's Insanity puts down more hp- 527 to Eric's 513, but doesn't seem to matter at the track.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I always hear about these tunes and just got into the programmer world. I have the diablo sport and flashpaq from superchips. How do I go about gettin these custom tunes for my rig. I really wana try em out

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have only ran rcd, but am trying out some of cales stuff as we speak. I dont think I will find a tune I like better then my RCD race but as money provides i will try some more. As far as hp I dont know what it is supposed to make you can ask Brad at rcd he would know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just got my Innovative Xtreme Street tune installed on a completely stock 2005 F250. I'm not sure if I set my expectations too high but it doesn't feel like as much power as others are describing. I don't have any of the rough shifting issues, either. It shifts a little stiffer than stock but no where near harsh.

Other people talk about being able to light up the tires at 20mph. I can't light up the tires from a stop unless I launch and build boost first!

Is my factory exhaust holding the tune back?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just got my Innovative Xtreme Street tune installed on a completely stock 2005 F250. I'm not sure if I set my expectations too high but it doesn't feel like as much power as others are describing. I don't have any of the rough shifting issues, either. It shifts a little stiffer than stock but no where near harsh.

Other people talk about being able to light up the tires at 20mph. I can't light up the tires from a stop unless I launch and build boost first!

Well in my opinion you need to do exhaust before you do any other mod to the engine of the truck. With the Extreme Street and factory exhaust......EGTs have to be really high. I have the IDP Extreme Race(only about 15 more HP than Extreme Street) and i can roast 38's off the line with factory 3.73 gears.........something doesnt sound right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Subscribed :thumb:!!!.... I'm in the market too. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
843 Posts

Something is definitely strange sounding about that. I can smoke the tires up off the line, and if its wet outside I gotta be careful...I was on an on-ramp a few days ago accelerating and the truck leaned just a bit and the back right tire started spinning around 60mph... And i've gotten sideways in the rain around 80mph before

1 - 20 of 41 Posts