Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started the teardown and I'm 4 hours into it. Had to come in for the night!
Tomorrow the heads will come off:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
looks like alot of fun lol, nice progress and good luck.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It actually is kinda fun. I got a couple bloody knuckles already lol.

Kily I didnt know you wanted to help... didn't wanna bother you. Your more then welcome to do some labor :hehe:
See what awaits you soon lol

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OEM head gaskets, are studs, 175/75 injectors, stc fitting, and odd misc pieces...

Steering pump, Serp belt, and random things like that!

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Looking good Eli. Do work.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It looks like you have a nice garage to do the work in. Are you sending your heads out to a shop or do you have another set you are putting on right away?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
GO ELI!!!! McD's vanilla cones rule!!! :woot::icon_ford::noteworthy::chicken::rockwoot::clap:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Looks like fun Eli and good luck! I know you'll be happy once it's all done. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!

Rich, as a matter of fact.... I did have some vanilla ice cream last night while working on it. Atleast I wasn't wearing flipty floppies :rofl:

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like you have a nice garage to do the work in. Are you sending your heads out to a shop or do you have another set you are putting on right away?

Garage is my brothers... tell me about it. It's a freaking 8-9 car garage!!!!!!!!!

Sending them out. I did have a spare but the machine shop checked them and they have like 6-8 cracks in each head. Some in between the glowplugs/valves. And some in the valve seats like 3/8" down.
:yikes:

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Yeah Eli get 'r done bud. Did that box o tools I sent you show up yet? Just make sure that when you reassemble torque the studs first then do the rocker arm bolts. Use the rocker bolts to hold the rocker arms in the right place but don't tighten them down all the way. Torque stud nuts then rockers.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Atleast I wasn't wearing flipty floppies :rofl:
LOL!!! Part of your deal (tools) with Bryan, is to wear flippy flops!! No Flippy flops, No tools!!

BTW, you must post picks of you working on truck with flippy flop! HeHe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah Eli get 'r done bud. Did that box o tools I sent you show up yet? Just make sure that when you reassemble torque the studs first then do the rocker arm bolts. Use the rocker bolts to hold the rocker arms in the right place but don't tighten them down all the way. Torque stud nuts then rockers.

Ok understood:nod:
Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL!!! Part of your deal (tools) with Bryan, is to wear flippy flops!! No Flippy flops, No tools!!

BTW, you must post picks of you working on truck with flippy flop! HeHe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Lol....... will do.

Oh Bryan no I didn't get it yet. Next week.

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Good stuff Eli!!!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 255 Posts