Gents,

I need some help. Here's a brief history --

2004 F-350 w/ 6.0
228,000 miles
Originally blew head gaskets at 90k miles
ARP studs installed
EGR coooler y pipe welded shut to divert gasses
Ford EGR Cooler installed at 90k w/ head gaskets
SCT tuned for last 200,000 miles running fairly mild tunes (towing tunes)

Now I'm gettting the infamous 'tea kettle' whistle from the coolant reservoir cap. I did buy the 'new' cap from Ford a while back.

I can feel the cap rattle when it's making the noise, and see evidence of puking around the cap.

Is it headgaskets again?? How can I diagnose?

BTW - The truck runs awesome, and I have no white smoke at all.

·
Registered
931 Posts
My 6.4 makes a noise like that when on the performance tune on my super chip. It only makes the noise tuned:/ and it is only when boost levels are around 15-20 if I floor it tue noise will stop..

I have not found where the noise is coming from so I've been running the stock file.. I will have to take a look see at my cap

·
Registered
23 Posts
took my truck in about a year ago, heard the same noise with no smoke or loss of power. turned out to hg's. i would suggest taking it in and having your pressure checked to rule it out before it turned major!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Do you have a monitor? you may want to see what ECT temps are to rule out waterpump. Do you have the ford thermostat? they fail open, some aftermarket ones may fail closed though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a monitor? you may want to see what ECT temps are to rule out waterpump. Do you have the ford thermostat? they fail open, some aftermarket ones may fail closed though.
I have Isspro gauges, and it's running nice and cool. Normal temps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts