Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The idea of this is to pretty much have complete control of the torque converter, while not making the O/D light flash. This turned out to be alot simpler than i originally thought. This mod will allow you to manually lock and unlock it, or have stock operation.

To find the wire you need to cut, i suggest checking out Welcome to guzzle's TC Lockup Mod Web Page. While there is nothing wrong with his method, i wanted to be able to unlock the TC as well. This is a variation of his method that allows a manual unlock. There are a few variations from his method, but once you find the correct wire, all you really need is this schematic.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
ok i have a ? Im kinda lost. So i tap the wire and run a line to the cab on a switch and then if i want to lock it i flip the switch or i have to rewire some stuff. Sorry for the dumb ?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i have a ? Im kinda lost. So i tap the wire and run a line to the cab on a switch and then if i want to lock it i flip the switch or i have to rewire some stuff. Sorry for the dumb ?
You actually need to run 2 wires into the cab. One for the TC side and one for the PCM side.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you wanna call thats fine with me, its easier to tell it than type it. 567-230-6076. do it soon though, its startin to get late here in ohio.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, sounds good. Btw, im jacob, or jake, i don't care which one people call me.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, nice to meet you too. ill talk to ya tomorrow. im signin off for the night, time to make a taco bell run since they are the only ones open.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great write up, I moved a copy of this to the tech files....:thumb:
thanks, i was hopin one of the mods would see it. for future reference, if i do another write up, how do i get it posted in the write ups?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright, cool, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts