Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ford::ford:Hello everyone! I just bought a 2005 F350, with the 6.0 and auto tranny. Under 100,000 miles when I bought it. I know the complete history of the truck which is why I bought it.. All of the usual 6.0 problems are already fixed. Anyway, a month ago, TBC fault came on , brake controller not working now... but the worst thing it is draining the batteries out within hours of shutting it off.... I cant shut truck off during the day for fear of being stranded and every night I put battery chargers on it... Help!

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
You may be able to pull a fuse for it (under dash block fuses 20, 28, 101, 301(relay) - power dist block fuses 20, 201, 202). So many fuses to look at! Since your issue is draining the batteries, perhaps the brake controller is grounding out or keeping the PCM alive. You may have to check wiring or even disconnect the controller.

The TBC will come on for other issues; as an example, with excessive cranking after injector or HPO work it will come on - don't know why it trigger this fault, but it does. However, it goes out immediately after start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts