Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is there a way to clean fuel linres? should i disconnect fuel pump & clean lines? or ? these cartridges are not that dirty

I NEED THIS INFO ASAP, AS WE R SHORT ON TIME 2DAY.

thank u

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,759 Posts
No need to clean the fuel lines. Fuel is constantly flowing through the lines there for no need to clean them.

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank u. Didn't think so cuz nothing was bad

I did notice something odd though, there are 2 other 'ports' on the top of the tank, 1 I know is for emissions the other no clue. BUT, the outside of the
tank was greasy dirty. It had a LARGE amount of rock & silt build up around the frame etc a couple of weeks ago when I 1st attempted this project. These 2 ports have caps, when I popped the caps off to clean them cuz they looked loose, I noticed the caps were full of greasy dirt & they aren't even the RIGHT CAPS!! they do NOT seat well at all.
I had been told at 1 point, I might be getting air in the system, could THIS be where its coming from???
I took pics of this fun project & inside the tank, but can't upload at the moment.
Just curious about this cap thing....

Thanks Guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.