Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had a couple of boxes of parts in my barn/garage for the better part of a year and a half now. However, I've been so "time challenged" I can't seem to find the time to get the bulletproofing done myself. I found a local shop that works on a lot of 6.0's and they are in the process of buttoning things up right now. It's one of those things, I hate paying someone else to do the work I know I can do, but I just can't seem to find the time to do it and I want to quite worrying about it. I would be doing it the hard way too, w/o taking the cab off. She's paid off, so this should go a long ways to making her last forEVER! :woot And I plan on driving it forever.

Here's what's happening:

• Coolant flush and fill with CAT ELC-1
  • New T-stat
  • Sinister Diesel Coolant filter
  • Replace the Oil Cooler - OEM
  • STC Fitting update
  • Blue Spring Kit
  • 6.4 Banjos
  • New Standpipes and Dummy Plugs
  • Turbo Cleaning
  • Install the Updated Turbo Oil Supply and Drain lines
  • Bulletproof Diesel EGR Cooler. (The Shop wouldn't put in the Sinister delete, something about the law, massive fines...yadda yadda. :hehe: So I still have that sitting in the garage for later).
  • ARP Studs
  • Reconditioned Heads with new OEM gaskets.
  • Last but not least a 4" Turbo back Silverline Exhaust. The "test pipe" will make it on this weekend. Bad Kitty!!

Whew! I think that's it. I can't wait to get it back! I look forward to trying out the Extreme SRL that I ordered today too!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Gonna be a new truck for ya

1,627 Posts
Wow lucky man...good luck...wish I could have studs lol

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
1,627 Posts
Hhahahah lol

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice list of stuff there. I can't wait to drive mine either. I got my heads back yesterday afternoon and still haven't found enough time to get back out there and prep the block. Time is the hardest thing to come by!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, she was supposed to come home the end of the week. However, all put back together and no start / no oil pressure reared its ugly head. No truck till at least next week now. :-( I suspect the sct update but we shall see.....

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
SCT update causing no oil pressure? I must have read that wrong. As for the EGR situation, if you're running a BPD EGR cooler, I wouldn't ever worry about "removing it later" for the delete. That is the BEST EGR cooler you can buy and you won't EVER have to worry about the problems plagued with the factory design. Just my 2 pennies.

·
War is the answer!
5,398 Posts
Wish I had a lift. My wife is looking at a house right now that has a huge garage in the back that has room for one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SCT update causing no oil pressure? I must have read that wrong. As for the EGR situation, if you're running a BPD EGR cooler, I wouldn't ever worry about "removing it later" for the delete. That is the BEST EGR cooler you can buy and you won't EVER have to worry about the problems plagued with the factory design. Just my 2 pennies.
Sorry - STC fitting update....me and my FAT fingers on this small keyboard... :tard:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts