Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i bought my truck with the ts chip in it so i never had to put it in or anything. first off i would like to take it out not only to clean the connections and what not but im planning on having it sent to get reburned by tony. the question of the day is what is the easiest way to get it out of my 97. do i have to take that whole medal brakcet with the parking brake on it off? and if so how do i do that? does it just unbolt or is it more complicated? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I take my brake off and then I can remove the ducktape (that make sure it stays) and I can remove the chip.

If you want to remove the PCM then you have to pull it thru the front. Which can be a PITA.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats what i was thinking but i dont know much about it, if i can reach the chip can i just pull it out carefully or is there something that has to be plugged back in or does it just come out and thats that. so i really dont need to pull the pcm do i?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just pull the chip and that's it.

Just for safty I disconnect my batteries and turn the head lights on then wait to make sure all the voltage drains.

If that is over kill, I don't know. But I fell better.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
no you dont need to pull the pcm out just make sure you undo the connection to the pcm under the hood before pulling off the chip. just undo the three bolts holding on the emergency brake pedal assembly and pull it off and take the chip right out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts